Who has watched the new Star Trek?

Options
2»

Replies

• Canuck_Fit
    Canuck_Fit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've now seen it 3 times at the theatre and it really is growing on me. Last time I went I really focused on the special effects, scenery and music. Now for me that's where the movie really shines!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i hope for the next movie they stop rehashing old story ideas. is the Probe going to show up and make them have to save the whales again? i sure hope not.
  • Canuck_Fit
    Canuck_Fit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If I had to guess the next movie will be about the Federation / Klingon war based on the events of STID
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i hope for the next movie they stop rehashing old story ideas. is the Probe going to show up and make them have to save the whales again? i sure hope not.

Yes, but with a twist, where humans are extinct in the future and the whales travel back in time to save humans!
  • Rena42
    Rena42 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I loved it. The way in connected the old series to the new one was great. I totally didn't expect it. (I'm trying to be vague so that I don't spoil anything, but I could really go on about it.) I have to say that it was really well done.

The one thing that I would have liked to see is Bones taking a larger role. The original series had a lot more Spock-McCoy conflict in it. They did it a bit, but I think that they can work on it and expand it. Perhaps for Star Trek 3...
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I hated it. Like, friggen HATED it.
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I hated it. Like, friggen HATED it.

Why's that?
    I do agree it wasn't as good though, I probably had high expectations since I really liked the first one a lot.