Getting in Enough Fat.

Options
Clar28
Clar28 Posts: 8 Member
I have set my macros so that the highest percentage should be from fat but consistently it is hard for me to get that Fat goal met. How do others get their fat numbers to rise? Does that literally mean eating more obvious fats (oils, animal fat, etc.)?

Thanks!

Replies

• wibamagirl
    wibamagirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't always reach my goals,but I use coconut milk,nuts,avocados,bacon to help keep it up.When I cook my bacon I save the bacon grease for my eggs each day.Hope this helps.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    My fat is set at 75% and I prefer to get 80%. Yes, it can be hard to get that much now that everything is lean this, and lean that. I make my own mayo, dips and dressings and add them to everything. Coconut oil in everything. I still eat dairy, so full fat whipping cream and butter on everything... I save bacon grease and add that to everyting too. Baconnaise... yum. I eat as much animal fat as possible, while keeping in mind that fat from factory farmed animals is not as healthy as fat from wild or grassfed animals.
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started putting a Tbsp of coconut oil in my breakfast shake - yummmmm
  • neweuquol
    neweuquol Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pistachios are pretty high in fat and are delicious.
  • zazielascaux
    zazielascaux Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Macadamias are a pretty good source for me, as is bone marrow (yum) and bone soup enriched with a little grass fed beef dripping and reduced a little bit to emulsify. I also take about 5g of omega 3 supplement a day.