New and looking for some friends please

Calif_Girl67
Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
Hi there,

I have been trying to do as low carb as i can but really need some help and other friends that are doing Atkins, I belong
to the Atkins site and starting on monday I am really going to try and do it better. I love greek yogurt but will try to not
eat that during induction so im going to try hard to follow induction guidelines. Any tips and advice would be appreciated,
also looking for some friends doing the same thing.

I don't have the Atkins book but can get it at the library , I noticed that the scale moves alot better when I don't eat above 100
carbs and i know even less is better but its so hard to cut carbs that far back. I have alot of health issues including having
my 1st Medicated Stent pt in Oct 25th 2012 when I almost died, I also have alot of other health issues and now have something called Plantars Fasciitis in my left foot which is very painful so I have no been able to walk or anything since i got this.

Anyway, hope I can make some new friends, just send me a request and tell me where u found me. :)

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Signing up on the Atkins site is a great start. There are some useful tips on the precious thread titled "Starting off on Atkins." An addition tip that I can offer is to follow the plan as described and you will have success, that is, if you are not metabolically resistant. There is lots of variety in this WOE and usually a low carb alternative to the high carb one. Best of luck to you!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Thanks,
    I looked at some food ideas on the Atkins site for each meal so I have an idea of what I can
    make without getting bored. Are we allowed fruit of any kind in Induction ? Whats WOE?
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    WOE is "way of eating". Fruit is not allowed on induction. Berries are the only kind of fruit you can have after induction, and then in moderation. If you log your food everyday it will be a lot easier to make sure you stay under 25 carbs during your induction phase. You should also track sugar and fiber. Atkins is about a lot more that just cutting out bread and potatoes. Sugar is hidden in everything processed, so make sure you read the label or log your food before you eat something. If you want to have a successful induction, it is important to follow the Atkins guidelines, so make sure you read up on the Atkins website. Feel free to add me and ask any questions!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Thanks,
    I have not actually started Induction as of yet but plan on trying to start tomorrow. i will do my best to keep carbs under what they are suppose to be but it very hard to stay at 25 a day. I log everything I eat and drink so thats not an issue, I will add you as a friend.
    I noticed by just keeping my carbs under 100 or less that the scale moves for me but as i said I have never tried induction.
    I have a southbeach book that was given to me years ago but never tried it either. I enjoy eating some of the atkins bars/meals as well cause they taste pretty good.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Hi! I've been on here since February 2012. I'm on here everyday so you can add me if you'd like. I usually get between 20 and 30 carbs a day. I'll help you all I can! Good luck!

ETA: if you log on here it will usually show total carbs, not net carbs. If you type the word"carbs" in along with whatever you are searching for, it will usually bring up net carbs or adjusted carbs.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Hi! I've been on here since February 2012. I'm on here everyday so you can add me if you'd like. I usually get between 20 and 30 carbs a day. I'll help you all I can! Good luck!

Thank you Nancy, will add u now