favorite online workout videos

Options
auntsammy88
auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
A lot of us use the internet as a resource to find free workout videos, and I thought it might be nice to have a place to post our favorite workouts as we come across them. Here are a few of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/user/yogayak - This isn't a video per se, but a youtube channel with a lot of yoga videos. If I do yoga at home, most come from this channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBrAbpOt-WY - Jessica Smith's indoor jogging workout. ("alternative to the treadmill")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vnxpG2BhIk - Jessica Smith's Kickboxing Ballet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaHx5qsqhY good ashtanga yoga video

- This is a playlist of Laurel House's "quickie workouts in bed". These "workouts" are typically 10 minutes or less and you can do them all in your bed!

Replies

• ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    I like bodyrock.tv
    I like this website. They have new workouts regularly. They are not very long and they have a variety of workouts for different levels.

I also like skimble workout trainer which is an app on my android tablet. I am not sure if apole has a version. They have lots of workouts. You can buy some but i just do the free ones. I like them because you don't stream them. They have descriptions and pictures. So when i am at my mother-in-law's i have a workout that doesn't stream since she has a limit on data on her internet.

Ash
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Great idea!

I have several bookmarks folder with fitness stuff and one is just full of channels, so I'll just list them by their name & anyone who wants can search. I *have not* tried all these :noway: , but checked them out and felt they were worth saving. Of course, some are favorites and some I still want very much to try out.

Youtube:

FitnessBlender
    ZuzkaLight
    blogilates
    POP Pilates
    BodyRock.tv
    BeFit
    LiveStrong
    START Fitness
    BeFitin90
    Passion4Profession (how to do exercises)
    TheDaily Hiit
    Scooby's
    HASfit
    POPSUGAR
    XHIT
    LIVESTRONG Woman
    RealFitTv
    Redrita12 (lots of Exercise TV videos)
    Insane Home Fat Loss
    MyomyTV
    jessicasmithtv
    Zumba with Amber
    Ekhart Yoga
    Underground Wellness

Other related websites:

fitnessblender.com (great website with great searching and saving favorite workouts)
    zuzkalight.com
    doyogawithme.com
    scoobysworkshop.com
    hasfit.com
    dumbbell-exercises.com
    exrx.net
    coolrunning.com (for c25k, etc)
    stronglifts.com
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vnxpG2BhIk - Jessica Smith's Kickboxing Ballet

- This is a playlist of Laurel House's "quickie workouts in bed". These "workouts" are typically 10 minutes or less and you can do them all in your bed!

I've got to check these 2 out right now!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I like bodyrock.tv
    I like this website. They have new workouts regularly. They are not very long and they have a variety of workouts for different levels.

I also like skimble workout trainer which is an app on my android tablet. I am not sure if apole has a version. They have lots of workouts. You can buy some but i just do the free ones. I like them because you don't stream them. They have descriptions and pictures. So when i am at my mother-in-law's i have a workout that doesn't stream since she has a limit on data on her internet.

Ash

Ash: I'll have to checkout that skimble workout trainer app to see if available for iPhone. I have a limited data plan and need non-streaming stuff, too.

I want to thank each of you for sharing all of this info and this is a GREAT topic thread!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Ash, I added that Skimble Workout Trainer app to my iPhone and suggested it for other friends and family. Thanks for the info!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    There is a 30 day yoga challenge with free yoga videos that are only 10-20 minutes long. Videos can be found on doyouyoga.com or youtube. So far, I've done 1 1/2 of them. I liked the first one a lot (focused on hip opening), but wasn't too fond of the 2nd ( focused on shoulders). Will let you know if there are any standouts for me.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    There is a 30 day yoga challenge with free yoga videos that are only 10-20 minutes long. Videos can be found on doyouyoga.com or youtube. So far, I've done 1 1/2 of them. I liked the first one a lot (focused on hip opening), but wasn't too fond of the 2nd ( focused on shoulders). Will let you know if there are any standouts for me.

Sam, thanks, I've added this to my own list. 10-20 minutes is a perfect amount of time.
  • Journeywithyou
    Journeywithyou Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have BeFit saved as one of my channels and have done several of the workouts on there. Will check out others listed here!
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    If you look on YouTube, you'll find a LOT !