anyone lost a LOT with this method?

Options
2»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I would have started a new thread, but I was very encouraged by the knowledgeable people who had already commented here (including Haybales, who is one of the people who told me to eat 1600 calories).

I would never suggest eating below your BMR. And I rarely ever round. I figure we log calories to exact numbers, why not on the other side of the equation too, not like we are doing the math in our heads anyway.

So unless the spreadsheet using the BF% had your BMR actually that low, and your BMR on those other calculators NOT using BF% was higher, then yes, in which case you are not eating below your BMR, not your more accurate BMR anyway.

So if using the spreadsheet, might confirm that BF% figure is used and entered in the cell and not the sample data, and confirm Katch BMR is down around that number then.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Howdy!

I'm popping in solely to say WELCOME and to let you see my ticker : )

I'm fine tuning with additional fat to burn and muscle to maintain. will do that as I have been: eating well. Eating 1700-2200 cals against my average TDEE of 2200. Strength training as my primary fitness. I will DEF be bulking to build some muscle this winter.

Jen