I need someone to tell me to do it

Options
WildcatMom82
WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
To start, I've been losing anywhere from 0.5-1.5 lbs a week fairly consistently so it's scary to think about changing things up. But I've noticed recently I've had bigger losses the weeks I take a couple days off (for travel or whatever) and end up eating more than I normally would. I'm 5'6 and 180 currently, MFP has my base set around 1600 and I eat back my workout calories. On a normal day I intake 2100, the days I run and do Turbo Fire it's more like 2600-2700. I've done manual calculations and tried out Scooby's calculator last night and they say I should be eating in the 2300-2400 range on a daily basis, though I've had a few tell me in the 2100 range. Is 200-300 calories a day a lot to increase by or is that pretty standard when switching to a method like this? I feel like people already think I eat a lot so I have that sort of hanging out in the back of my mind. I do 6 days a week of Turbo Fire (about 1 hour each workout) and run about 3x a week (45 mins to an hour) in addition to walks around the block/farms/parks with my kids so it's not like I'm not active.

I really need to get my BF% tested, not having that number bugs me and the calculators I've used give widely varying results. I had one say 36%, my scale says 33%, I had one just now come back 27% Ugh

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Honestly from what you just wrote, you are pretty much eating at a small deficit. You are just eating according to your day. On a normal day you eat 2100 and high workout days 2600 or so right? Either way is fine...you can eat the average or eat according to your day.

Many times, we just need to get people eating more, but you are doing just that. I personally started wearing a BMF a little over a month ago, since I know my daily numbers I take my deficit off the daily and that is what I eat.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to lose body fat, maybe you just need to alter your workouts a bit. Do strength training 3x a week with your cardio. I'm currently doing ChaLean Extreme with Turbofire, and I love it.