Proving Husband Wrong

My darling husband, who is a PE/Health teacher is getting into arguments with me over meal timing, eating breakfast, etc. He's claiming all the "old" info: you need a breakfast to "start" your metabolism; you need to eat throughout the day, etc.

Could you link some peer-reviewed info so I can prove him wrong?:laugh: I know it's all out there in MFP-land, but I'm too lazy to search the forums.

Many thanks!!

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Proving bro-science believing husbands wrong is one of the best parts of MFP. Mine still won't believe that saturated fat is not the most important thing to pay attention to.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Start here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol

There should be some research linked in the above post.
  • SideSteel
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    I told you SideSteel would have the answers!

Take that Husband :bigsmile:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Unnervingly, I had a trainer tell me the other day that breakfast is the most important meal, and that I should have an omelette with just the egg whites. When I asked him why, he said 'cholesterol' and I said to him, 'surely to God, you don't still subscribe to that old myth? Cholesterol in food is not directly linked to body cholesterol and only really might need to be watched if you already have issues with cholesterol'. He did not quite know how to respond. He also did not agree with fasting.
  • SideSteel
    Unnervingly, I had a trainer tell me the other day that breakfast is the most important meal, and that I should have an omelette with just the egg whites. When I asked him why, he said 'cholesterol' and I said to him, 'surely to God, you don't still subscribe to that old myth? Cholesterol in food is not directly linked to body cholesterol and only really might need to be watched if you already have issues with cholesterol'. He did not quite know how to respond. He also did not agree with fasting.

It makes you then wonder what other misinformation that trainer is pushing.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Thank you so much SS!!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member

It makes you then wonder what other misinformation that trainer is pushing.

Yep, I ended up screwing up the food plan he had printed out, you know, the neat and tidy 3 meals and 2 snacks sort of thing.
    I am most definitely huge dinner sort of person. Fortunately, the other trainers at my gym seem to mostly believe in the 'whatever works best for you' system, excepting one who suggested I try IF, and another(the gym owner) who suggested no carbs after midday (LOL).
This discussion has been closed.