Step-ups: 17.5lbs in each hand - 32.5 lbs
Prone jacknife: 8-20

Workout B
Deadlift: 40lbs - 115 lbs
Dumbbell shoulder press: 8lbs in each hand - 22.5lbs in each hand
Wide-grip lat pulldown: 50lbs - 75lbs
Lunge: 20lbs in each hand - 30lbs in each hand
Swiss-ball crunch: 8-30

I'm afraid I haven't lost many inches from my body, but I would attribute that to not eating the right TYPES of foods, although I'm pretty sure my calories have remained within the correct range. I also haven't been doing as much cardio as I've needed to do.

If Stage 2 doesn't result in more inches lost, I'm going to be reallllyyyy discouraged : /

Plan of action for Stage 2:
- Eat better and maintain a food log (don't know if I'll actually post it on MFP, but keeping a log will still help)
- Complete interval training cardio on treadmill after each lifting session and try and jog at least once per week on an off day

Replies

• tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    nice improvements! and good luck with stage 2. i am about halfway through stage 1 and i am encouraged by my increases in strength as well as small changes in my body thus far.

if you plan to eat better and maintain a food log, MFP is a great place to do it. you don't have to "post" it for the whole world to see - just keep your diary private if you feel more comfortable with that. i use the food log because it's extremely handy and easy to use. i mean, you can even scan bar codes with your phone and it keeps track of your favorite foods. MFP makes logging really easy. it also helps me to prevent catastrophe - i look up unfamiliar foods BEFORE i eat them. you should try using it for logging!

and increase your protein.
  • deadlifting_diva
    deadlifting_diva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    and increase your protein.

I think this is SO important. I noticed a substantial difference in my energy, recovery time, and overall soreness when I started consuming the correct amount of protein for strength training. Depending on your taste preferences, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, lean meats, and cheeses like provolone and mozzarella are good places to find protein packed calories.
  • JDubbs339
    JDubbs339 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Yes I know I should use MFP for logging, it's just a matter of being lazy : /

PROTEIN! You both are soooo right! At the beginning of stage 1 I had a scoop of protein powder (Optimal Nutrition Double Dark Chocolate) after my workout. But this only lasted for the first week because I ran out of the powder and didn't want to use my husband's Muscle Milk due to the large increase in fat and carbs. I just purchased another container this weekend and so far this week I have been consistent taking the scoop of protein after each workout (only 2xs so far this week).

I LOVE greek yogurt! I always keep this in my fridge. I eat the Chobani non-fat PLAIN. I usually add strawberries and a bit of honey for taste.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Plan of action for Stage 2:
    - Eat better and maintain a food log (don't know if I'll actually post it on MFP, but keeping a log will still help)

- Complete interval training cardio on treadmill after each lifting session and try and jog at least once per week on an off day

Stage 2 adds HIIT into your lifting sessions, so that will already be part of following the program! :D Great job, keep up the good work.