2 week challenge?

Options
Is anyone up for a 2 week clean eating challenge? I'm thinking I'll do 3 servings of lean protein, non-starchy veggies, and 3 servings of fruit per day. I'd also like to go caffeine free but am not so sure that'll happen.

No oil, sugar, carbs, or alochol. But lots of water.

Of course I'm hoping to lose 4 pounds in the process, but also want to clean out my system and "reset" myself.

I'm gonna start tomorrow, 5/20, and would love some company!!!

Replies

• andrea_wants_abs
    Options
    I'm game. I have my monthly weigh in/measurements in 7 days, so this will be good for that too! :)
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Am going to try and eat more cleanly. Can't do this challenge as I have to have my nightly glass of wine. I'm under doctor's orders to drink 4 ounces of red wine 3-4 times a week. Stop snickering... I really am. My good cholesterol is low and since I'm doing everything else right she said to try the red wine.
  • Aletaz
    Aletaz Posts: 9
    Options
    Glad you're in! I survived day1! Also trying not to eat after 8 p.m.
    Let me know how it goes for you!
  • Aletaz
    Options
    Lucky u!! I usu have a glass of red wine and one piece of chocolate as my treat :(
    What's your diet like otherwise?
  • kingscrown
    Options
    I'm clean eater for the most part. Things slip in here and there. It's always a process. I strive to eat clean and healthy every day. In fact today I was thinking the one thing I hate about clean eating... washing all those dishes. I have a dishwasher too and I just hate all those dirty dishes from cleaning. OK what I really hate is emptying the dishwasher. I'll fill it no problem. Man am I a whiner tonight. So many greater things going on in the world. Think I'll zip my lip and do my final load of the day.
  • joneli3
    joneli3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm down for the challenge!

Do any of you use instagram - I'm in a challenge right now and we hashtag photos of our food on instagram to stay accountable - also gives great ideas
    #cleaneatsnocheats is the current challenge

Could create another for another challenge - what do you think? #cleaneats2weeks ???
  • JDubbs339
    JDubbs339 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm down!

I've been lifting with New Rules of Lifting for Women and I just completed the first stage with a lot of strength gains but my body measurements didn't see much improvement. I know I wasn't eating properly and this challenge sounds like just what I need to kick it into gear!

I hope I see some inches come off...maybe not in 2 weeks, but perhaps in 4?
  • kingscrown
    Options
    I have instagram and haven't looked into how to use it. I guess I'll look at it. I'd like to join pictures of food. I love new ideas and opinions of whether the food was good or don't bother.

BTW I lived in Mauldin while my father worked at the Boeing plant in Greenville for 2 years. I enjoyed my time there. WOW what a culture shock for this Californian living in the south.
  • JDubbs339
    JDubbs339 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Uhhhh I didn't realize you said no carbs...I'm having lentils in my dinner tongiht...

but everything else should be fine.
  • Aletaz
    Options
    I havent heard of instagram. Is it an ap? That sounds like a great way to be held accountable!
    I'm down for the challenge!

Do any of you use instagram - I'm in a challenge right now and we hashtag photos of our food on instagram to stay accountable - also gives great ideas
    #cleaneatsnocheats is the current challenge

Could create another for another challenge - what do you think? #cleaneats2weeks ???
  • Aletaz
    Options
    I was wondering about edamame. So u think lentils are more carb than protein?

Uhhhh I didn't realize you said no carbs...I'm having lentils in my dinner tongiht...

• libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about edamame. So u think lentils are more carb than protein?

Lentils and edamame are carbs and protein....but I would definitely NOT eliminate them. They are super healthy, fat free sources of both AND have lots of fiber. Go for organic, if you can, though.