Feedback

Options
tekwriter
tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
Hello all.

I am fairly new to Paleo. I am hoping you guys would also give me some feedback on my diet. I will open it to all as soon as I post. I am concerned about my protien intakie. I have added some powder although I know it is not Paleo. Mine has only been around 1/2 of what my set goals say and my calories are now ranging down to 1000 or less. Please let me know your thoughts and any ideas. Thank you!!

Replies

• strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    First thought, right off the bat, is that your protein goal is very high. I usually go by what Mark Sisson says, and so shoot for 0.7 - 1.0 grams protein-per-pound of lean body mass (LBM). I say figure out your LBM, adjust protein goals to match it and raise fat goals to make up the deficit. My guess is your ratio will be something like 50% fat, 30% protein, 20% carbs but that's just supposition.

Welcome to the group.
  • tekwriter
    Options
    thank you, I will give that a try.
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Are you really feeling full on that amount of calories? There are some places you can double up the protein, like tuna have 2 cans instead of 1. For snacks have some HB eggs or nuts instead of popsicles. Just look for little places you can work it in.
  • tekwriter
    Options
    Hi Pearl, yes I have been. I don't know if it will stay that way, but I am not going hungry at all.
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I normally just ignore the calorie line as on type of calorie is not the same as another. I focus mostly on low-no carbs and high fat. I do end up getting a lot of protein as a default, but making sure there is plenty of healthy fat on or in my veggies and meat. I'm just starting out and I've read that upping your fat intake substantially can get your body switched over to keto/ fat burning mode faster. Also, as a disclaimer, I am not very active at all...if I were I would up my carbs a bit more. Mostly just slow walking once in a while and just got a new cruiser bike to take easy bike rides on for fun. Best of luck!!
  • frantim528
    frantim528 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree with the people above. Also, don't let your net calories for the day drop below 1200. You could stall your metabolism and halt weight loss. Eat a good snack (Jerky, Almonds, Macadamia nuts) if you see your calories are going to be too low. A note on jerky. It can be high on carbs and sodium so make sure you read the labels.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Your macros look ok, maybe a little low on fat which would help boost your calories.

You say you haven't been hungry, but sometimes after I've dropped my carbs fairly low (for me) for a while, I won't feel hungry - until I eat and notice I am really hungry!

How are you progressing on your goals and how do you feel? That would help me get a better idea of how to recommend any changes.