Keto and the stomach flu?

Options
cheryl3660
cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
So I guess my daughter gave me her stomach bug. Even the thought of food makes me nauseated. But, with my Type 2 Diabetes I have to eat something. Any suggestions other than salami that might be better for me than Saltines. I tried a protein milk smoothie, but didn't get very far with that.

Replies

• LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You need liquids more than anything. Broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello, water, more water. Scrambled eggs are a good start for something more solid. Keep some glucose tabs around if you are taking medication that will lower your blood glucose.
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You know how it is when you get sick and you just can't think anymore. lol. I have been drinking water with Airborne in it to get some Vitamin C. I will keep up the water and add broth when I get home. I've had exactly 2 saltines, so I think I'm OK on overdoing carbs, but I am worried about underdoing and getting that stupid rebound effect. If we didn't have this huge court filing today I would not be at work and would be in bed. UGH! I am not on meds right now, so no worries there. We are going camping in two days, so, you know, no time to be sick naturally.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Lots of zinc supplements! And something high-calorie but mild, like cream cheese or peanut butter?