May 21st

Options
Ready for Plyo today? :) I'm not but everything is better than Pure Cardio!

My abs are still slightly sore after Cardio Abs, but that's a good thing!

I meant to ask - did you all check your measurements yesterday? I did very quickly. I seem to have lost 2cm only, in my waist. But I'll take waist over everything else!

Replies

• ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Need to psych myself up to do plyo today. I did some heavy duty gardening yesterday needless, to say the body is sore. I will just have to " dig deeper."
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    Plyo has got to be my least fav of the workouts. I dread it when I go to bed and I dread it as soon as I put in the DVD. But I pushed on and dug deeper today and completed it.
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Morning all! Despite a few challenges I did my plyo today. Horrible night sleep last night, and a swollen tender ankle (cause completely unknown?!) caused me to think if I should even attempt it. But I did, and I just went rather slow. Even during the warm-up, I took it easy. Low burn, 364, but better than no burn at all. My push ups (still on the knees!) are getting much better....so I AM getting stronger!!! :)
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to Cardio Power & Resistance today week 4 day 2

I think its my favourite moving push ups, globe jumps I seem to have a good tolerance when exhausted.

I feel so energised compared to Mon – Wed last week.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any inches since a quarter inch from thighs and waist at the 1 week mark.
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    @Rosiereally2 hope you don't mind me asking some questions.

I'm super determined to make the most of Insanity reading peoples reviews most say that the changes come with month 2. However there are also so many variables.

What week are you in?
    Do you wear a HRM?
    Do you take many breaks?
    How accurately do you track your calories?
    Do you monitor your protein intake? (1g per 1lbs of LBM)
    Have you missed any days?
    Are you eating at a deficit (TDEE -20%)

I had to ask myself all these questions honestly and if I feel im slacking in one area or not I tighten it up, we ain't perfect and are bound to slip somewhere but like I said I want the most out of this program so making the effort to maximise results where I can.
  • ktrn0312
    Options
    @wffolkes-

Thanks for those pearls you have outlined. I meet most of the criteria except the protein intake. I have incorporated a protein recovery drink but, not a real big meat eater & I stay away from whole eggs/cheese because on am Lipitor for my familial- high cholesterol. I am getting very sick & tired of chicken & fish. I love peanut butter but, concerned about the fat content.

1st round of Insanity - Week # 3- about to do plyo now.
  • ktrn0312
    Options
    Just completed today's workout. This was a tough day. I hope I did not over do it because I did a lot of gardening yesterday & plus I attended my weekly Personal training session @ the gym. He was well aware I am in the midst of Insanity & was well aware of my soreness. He took pity on me & we did killer ab workouts.

Boy is the hot shower calling my name.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    @Rosiereally2 hope you don't mind me asking some questions.

I'm super determined to make the most of Insanity reading peoples reviews most say that the changes come with month 2. However there are also so many variables.

What week are you in?
    Do you wear a HRM?
    Do you take many breaks?
    How accurately do you track your calories?
    Do you monitor your protein intake? (1g per 1lbs of LBM)
    Have you missed any days?
    Are you eating at a deficit (TDEE -20%)

I had to ask myself all these questions honestly and if I feel im slacking in one area or not I tighten it up, we ain't perfect and are bound to slip somewhere but like I said I want the most out of this program so making the effort to maximise results where I can.

I'm actually not concerned that the tape measure isn't showing more difference afyer a mere two weeks into the program. I was mearly answering the OP's query. I see visible results as well as a vast increase in my stamina, which is more than enough to confirm to me that I'm on the right track.

So far, so good.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It took all I had to get through Plyo today. I talked myself out of in 3 times last night after work and finally left it for this morning well this morning it was even harder to convince myself to do the workout. I even was considering quitting for the week and starting up again after the holiday. Well needless to say I did it. It's hot outside and the workout only helped me to sweat more, I was irritable and almost quit after the warm up but I stuck with it. I didn't feel "good" like I ususally do but its done! In better news as far as loss I have lost 3 inches so far which I am happy about and the level 1 drills were completed fully with no breaks and a full push-up *go me!* I will push through tonight after work and no excuses not to do it at night it is just too damn hot to do it during the day. Keep it up all!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have to say if this group wasn't here I probably would not have completed today's workout. It is almost midnight now and I really had to force myself to start working out. But I did it. Knowing that you all pushed yourselves helped me immensely.
    I am getting stronger, no doubt about it, but I still have to take a break after the 3rd circuit when they start to do the new exercise right away (called by Jillian Michaels "the Hollow Man") - kills me every time.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Got through Plyo today. This is the only work out that I dread, it's so hard! I am feeling like I'm getting more stamina and strength though. Still can't do a real push up, but I think by the next time I will attempt it. I did the fit test yesterday, my results weren't that much better, but I wasn't out of breath and felt like I did the moves in the right form this time. As for weight, it's holding at a standstill. I've lost 2 inches off my waist, 1 inch off each arm, 1/2 in off each thigh. I was very pleased with that! I'm already starting to feel more toned and that results is enough to keep at it.