Just started.....Day 1 is in the books!!!

Options
laurie41565
laurie41565 Posts: 64 Member
Well I just started yesterday. Took me awhile to get things situated and to figure out the workout sheets but I got it down now. Started my squats with 65 lbs and that seemed ok.....did hurt my shoulders a bit even with the bar pad but I shall live. Didn't have a bench for the step ups so I had to improvise with my picnic bench....used 20 lbs for that, My husband will have to make me a bench since the picnic bench was a bit unstable and I don't need to fall on my butt doing that!! Did all the pushups without a problem but I've been doing those for awhile so I'm used to them. The jack knife thingy with the ball was a good one....really felt it in my abs big time. I screwed up and did 15 on my first set instead of the 8 thinking it was the same reps as the others so I did a few more than I should. The seated row I had to use the bench to do this one since I am doing it at home....used 20 lbs.

So all in all I think it went well. I am very excited about this new program. I love weights. I can't wait to see the results I get from this!! I measured and took pics so after Stage 1 I will do so again and post my results!

Replies

• mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to start as well, really excited to get going with this program! I am still getting my workout logs and such together, I think I may try the JEFIT app on my iphone as I was able to downlaod the workouts and can keep track of reps and such on there. Plus I am waiting for my daughter to graduate HS this Friday, been a hectic couple weeks and family coming into town tomorrow, etc....so will probably start once all that is behind me. I am a little nervous about the squats with weight just yet due to a severe ankle break & surgery just about a year ago. My doctor just released me a few months ago, but still said no high impact stuff. So I will probably start with just BW to very light weight and work up the ankle strength gradually. I have already been doing that anyway....

Good luck on your journey! Keep us posted.
  • Angie52732
    Angie52732 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My book came in over the weekend and I haven't had a chance to read it yet....so frustrating!! I am hoping to start thumbing thru it and getting the workout logs set up - I believe I have most of the equipment and am anxious to get started! I need to kick this last 65 lbs to the curb!!! Looking forward to getting time to look thru these threads as well. Good luck and keep us posted
    Angie
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first workout down! I definitely recommend something as stable as possible for the step-ups....I know as I got more into Stage 1 and started increasing my weights, my legs would be wasted by the end of the workout and the step-ups were killer - adding a shaky bench would have made them so much more difficult. Craigslist of course, but I've seen others on this board whose hubbies made them steps - so sweet!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Did my very first A1 workout today. I am not new to lifting so I am having a hard time not doing more, timewise. Trying to follow the plan. Never done regular squats before, Always used the smith machine, so I wasnt sure how much weight to use. Will have to go more next week. My starting weights were:

Squat - 65lbs
    pushups - 30°
    Rows - 110 lbs
    Step ups - 40lbs
    prone jackknives - 8

Finished all the 15 reps of each (cept jacks)

The pushups and step ups kicked my butt. Was a good time there :) Will increase on the squats and rows next time for sure and I could do way more than 8 jacknives... I think I will next time just cuz.

Workout B, Thursday :) Looking forward to it :)

Stacey
  • laurie41565
    laurie41565 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Got my plyo box today!! Got it on Craig's list for $30!! It's 18" high which I think will work fine for me. It was specially made for the woman to do her workouts at home. Her and her husband were personal trainers and had it made and it is a heavy duty sturdy one!! Alot better than my picnic bench. I am ready to roll now!!