Where is everybody?

Options
btoeps74
btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
I was hoping that this group would be more active. There has been a lot of good bar training videos posted on youtube lately. I am currently at 13 unassisted pull-ups now. I want to get to 20 and then start trying to do some muscleups. Hows everyone else doing?

Replies

• ansaguy
    ansaguy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah It's not quite as bustling as some other groups I'm sure. Honestly, it's hard with so many online communities to keep up with them all!

Anyway thats pretty good! I'm at about 6 unassisted pull-ups and 11 unassisted chinups right now cold. I started at the end of March and could maybe pull off a single pull up.

Anyone in particular you follow on you tube?

I'm celebrating today because I pulled off my first real full leg raise hanging from the bar. My core was so weak before I started I just couldn't do it.
  • btoeps74
    Options
    I forget the kids name, but his channel is called the FOrtress. I also like watching strentgh project, barstarzz, Corey Hall (Bar brothers) and Lazar Novovic.
  • ansaguy
    ansaguy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ah Paul (theF0rthress). He's pretty good. He put up an awesome follow along workout which was really great. Packs a lot into just a few minutes. I watch all those guys too. I started following a bunch of these guys on instagram. They are all pretty motivating.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Barstarzz posts some interesting stuff on their facebook page as does madbarz.
  • btoeps74
    Options
    I'll have to download that instagram and check out the facebook pages as well.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Sup I just joined the group. I lift weights and am currently bulking. But I've decided when I start to cut I'm going to slip away from the weights some and do some calisthenics. I currently do 20 sets of 8 on my off days from lifting. Which are Tuesday, Thursday, Sat, and Sunday. I use various grips.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I am happy to report I can now do multiple handstand pushups without needing a wall for balance.

Now I am working on being able to do more consecutive muscle ups

My one arm pull up goal has been my most difficult so far. I am hoping progress returns after my October marathon when I put more focus on strength exercise. I still have a lot of work to do before I can achieve this goal