beginner: what results will i be seeing within a month or 2

Options
ktm96
ktm96 Posts: 61 Member
I wanna try committing to calisthenics workouts, i just have a few questions

1. do calisthenics produce good results? i wanna decrease my body fat percentage 5% by mid july.

2. what kind of routine should i set up, any ideas? can i do calisthenics every day?

Replies

• lizamichelle1
    lizamichelle1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I believe calisthenics is all about using your own body weight, no equipment (purchase) necessary. Youtube has plenty of videos of people doing exercises.

As for your questions, I do not know how soon you will see or feel results. I do think it can be done everyday whenever you want. I have been introduced to madbarz.com and they have routines for all levels. Pushups, squats, burpees, lunges, etc. If your local park has a walking trail, the trail may have work stations for calisthenic workouts (ours do). You can get you cardio and strength at the same time.

Just my 2 cents.
  • ansaguy
    ansaguy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You will see results, but it also reminds me of an expression - Abs are made in the kitchen. In other words, nutrition is pretty key to reducing body fat. You will see results but like anything it takes time. See a guy on youtube under strengthcamp. He talks in one video about having more long term goals and expectations.

You can do calisthenics every day, but you probably do not want to do the same routine every day. For example, Madbarz has excellent routines you can choose from but you don't want to do the same pullup routine every single day. You'll need a day or two to recover if you've worked hard. So do a pullup (back/bicep) routine on Sunday. Monday you can do a chest/tricep routine with variouds pushups and dips, Tuesday you can do legs. then repeat the three day cycle. That's just an example though. You can throw in some cardio every day by running or jumping rope.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    As above, depends on your diet.

Grab a routine from YT and do it every day. Bodyweight exercises are the basis of the likes of P90X and Insanity so they will help but if your diet is excessive you will still find it difficult to burn enough fat.
  • HeaDak3
    HeaDak3 Posts: 32
    Options
    It really depends on your diet. If you use this website to calculate your calories, stay away from fat, and minimize carbs, you should be able to achieve your goal. Although idk where your body fat percentage is at when you posted your question.