Insanity second month sucks!

Options
kadin1287
kadin1287 Posts: 4 Member
So i just started the second month of insanity yesterday and I cant do half the freaking things these people are doing!!! I feel like giving up!!!! The people in the video are in great shape how are they expecting us to squat throw are bodies down into a pushup and then back up again.... I couldn't even make it half way into the dvd... I feel like giving up altogether!

Replies

• laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you did month one and found it not that bad? I thought month 2 was like ridiculously hard compared to month 1. It didn't even make sense to me that it was the next step up, felt more like 5. I had to quit at week 6 because my knees just completely quit on me. Just dig deep and do what you can!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do half of what they did, my first round, either. But I stuck with it, just doing what I could. That push-up jack you're talking about is a killer! I don't do it anywhere near as suave as they do, but I'm not them and neither are you. Just keep trying to be better than you were yesterday! And get some Chia seeds...they really helped my knees in Month two.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So i just started the second month of insanity yesterday and I cant do half the freaking things these people are doing!!! I feel like giving up!!!! The people in the video are in great shape how are they expecting us to squat throw are bodies down into a pushup and then back up again.... I couldn't even make it half way into the dvd... I feel like giving up altogether!

i was the same with the max plyo dvd, i spend most of the time crouched down going 'i'm meant to be able to do that!?' at shaun T!!!

It is a lot tougher than month one, but once you have done each of the dvds a coupel of times you get used to the routine, so it becomes a bit easier.

i couldnt do those power press ups at all, i just did a few regular press ups for that allotted time!
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hey don't feel discouraged just modify and push through, I would say most people will find it hard first time round.

The people in the dvd believe me have done it enough times to get it right and they still have to take breaks themselves.

Just push as much as you can and that is good enough.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options

i was the same with the max plyo dvd, i spend most of the time crouched down going 'i'm meant to be able to do that!?' at shaun T!!!

I just kept saying "Why you trying to kill me, ShaunT??" lol
  • kadin1287
    kadin1287 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was pretty much cussing out Shaun T... Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling il try to do the best I can :) thanks everyone!!!
  • lindseymariep
    lindseymariep Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ahh this scares me!! I'm loving the first month and I'm about to start Week 4! Pretty close to starting month 2-now I heard it was hard but not THIS hard! yikes!
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Did it yesterday and it killed me especially after the fit test!

Burned a hell of a lot of Kcals over 1000

I stopped a lot and had to go slow then build up speed, the push up jack moves are ridiculous but i'm ready today and should do better seen as there is no fit test before hand.

I did feel to stop but I pushed through.
  • cton13
    cton13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started month two yesterday and OMG...... It hurts!!!! I know we can do it and I'm here with you..... maybe we can encourage each other... I need all the positive encouragement I can get!!!! LOL
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Month 2 reminded me a little bit of month 1 where it really suuuuuuuuuuuuucked the first week!! and i was sore!!!

and then by the second week, it wasn't so bad anymore! :)

you can all do this!!!
  • LizRodmell
    LizRodmell Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am currently on my second round of insanity and i was the same first time. it was like WTF how am i ment to do that! but sure enough, with time you get there.

My advise is to keep trying., do what you can do. If a move is to hard, try modifing it. or getting as many reps as you can. not what the fitness buffs do on it. as Shaun says "Do what you can do! not what we are doing on here but as hard as you can go!" I promise you will get better.

second round an i can do things i never dreamed i would. dont give up, you havew come so far!