May 22nd

Options
Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs time!

ktrn0312 managed to beat us all as she did her workout at 4:30 am (!!!) Who is next?

Replies

• ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I had to sacrifice an hour's worth of sleep to get the workout done. I work 12 hr + shifts as a Cardiac nurse . Days can be unpredictable & truly exhausting. I am so committed in doing this program the way it was intended. Best of Luck all. I can't wait for recovery tomorrow. The body is still sore but, I took motrin last night so I could do today's workout. I will do measurements on Friday.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I know what it's like. Hospital is my second home, too ;) I'm enjoying my baby-break now. Congratulations on motivating yourself. You are my inspiration for today - I feel like going to bed right now - it's raining and I'm so sleepy - but I'll change and do the workout NOW.
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    .Pure Cardio was done this morning...Cardio Abs had to wait till I get home from work...was just too tired this morning and in too much of a rush to do both. Plus Cardio Abs makes me wanna cry...and to cry that early in the morning would just set my whole day off on the wrong foot. LOL
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Great job, pink cheek!

I completed my workout - sadly, my form wasn't the best. Probably because of working out on a carpet instead a mat during the weekend, my shins were killing me yesterday and today.

Recovery day - I'm ready for you.
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Sadly IF I get to do a workout today it will have to be the recovery and swap it out for Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs tomorrow. My ankle is still mysteriously swollen and tender. This morning I was limping a little bit. I am at work now, and walking around on it and it has gotten a little better. I will see how I am tonight but definitely not risking injury and doing pure cardio on it tonight. Some heavy duty stretching with modifications for my ankle may be the perfect solution!
    Awesome job to you early birds who have already finished!!!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Aletadiana - taking it a little bit easier sounds like a good idea. Take good care of your ankle!
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 17: Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs/Plyometric Cardio Circuit (Day 16 Makeup)

Today was overall, a sluggish day because I didn't do Insanity yesterday, however, I doubled up today to make sure I'm still on track with y'all. Only thing is figuring out how to eat back 1170 Calories plus the 2300+ of my Daily Allowance...hooowee. I did lower than normal overall for Heart Rate because I needed to be able to last through 3 workouts back to back. Thankfully Cardio abs isn't primarily an Aerobic type exercise, so I'm good there.

Pure Cardio
    Felt bad that I had to slow down, but I sure pushed in that last part of the exercise...got my HR up to 94% Max at one point, don't know for how long though. Unfortunately, I forgot to hit that dang start button again, and missed the first 6 minutes or so.

HRM Readings:
    Average: 78% (154 BPM)
    Maximum: 94% (186 BPM)
    "Fat Burn" Zone: 00:02:49
    "Fitness" Zone: 00:34:22
    Duration: 00:37:15
    Calories Burned: 454 Cal

Cardio Abs
    I set up this exercise mentally as my "Cardio Recovery," just to trick myself into doing it and be able to push through the 3rd workout after this.

HRM Readings:
    Average: 74% (147 BPM)
    Maximum: 87% (172 BPM)
    "Fat Burn" Zone: 00:02:56
    "Fitness" Zone: 00:14:24
    Duration: 00:17:20
    Calories Burned: 195 Cal

Plyometric Cardio Circuit (Day 16 Makeup)
    Yes! Almost done with today's set of Insanity Workouts..dreading how much calories I would have burned overall after I added up everything..I did notice I burned more at this point, don't know how or why...maybe it's because I missed the first 6 minutes of recording HRM on Pure Cardio, so it didn't get to account for that.

HRM Readings:
    Average: 79% (156 BPM)
    Maximum: 89% (176 BPM)
    "Fat Burn" Zone: 00:01:59
    "Fitness" Zone: 00:39:47
    Duration: 00:41:46
    Calories Burned: 521 Cal

TOTAL Calories Burned with Insanity today: 1170 Cal

I'm definitely ready for Cardio Recovery Day, I also found out...those Power Knees make my butt sore...
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    I wondered where you were, Chasero. Amazing job. Amazing! So glad you managed to catch up with us!
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just finished Pure Cardio. I could really tell my fitness level is getting better this time and I'm trying harder and can keep up longer. Even managed some of the push up work the real way. Saving Cardio Abs for later tonight, hoping I can do them with better form when I'm not so tired from Pure Cardio. Keep up the great work everyone!
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Started Pure Cardio and I have been working through a lower leg/shin/ankle pain and was able to work through it up until today. I made it through the warm-up but was lagging and I could have finished doing it half-a$$ed but that's not how I want to get through this program. My legs were hurting not in a "I'm SO sore type of pain" it feels unlike anything I have ever felt. SOOO long story short I had to take another rest day and I may be out for the week I will try again after work. :sad:
  • meagank28
    meagank28 Posts: 52
    Options
    You guys are all doing awesome! I just did the fit test (for the first time). my numbers are super low, and at one point....on my second round of globe jumps, my body refused to move. LOL. Can't wait to see results of my next fit test!
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Got through Cardio Recovery and I think my body just needed some serious stretching! Ankle much better...I'm banking on being able to complete Cardio recovery and abs tomorrow!

Aeg176-my body felt "weird" too....it was hard to explain, but I think intense stretching did the trick. I am happy I switched it up today!
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Aeg176-my body felt "weird" too....it was hard to explain, but I think intense stretching did the trick. I am happy I switched it up today!

thanks for the advice I didn't even think to just flip the schedule. I will definitely try tonight
  • talenarenee
    talenarenee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did the Fit Test- since I'm not following the calendar and had been just recycling the first series of workouts since April 8, I decided to do my 3rd Fit Test and start Max Intervals tomorrow. Three weeks until I go home for a summer break. Hoping to lose about 5 lbs more by then.

Fit Test results were good (especially considering I'd been on holiday for about a week and did NO Insanity). I pre-watched the Max Interval video! It's scary! Eek!