First Week Finished WOW!

Options
tekwriter
tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
I just finished my first week of Paleo. I am 7pounds down with 3 inches off my waist, 2 off hips and 2 off of thighs. Wow the results were extrordinary. I am excited to see what happens by then of week 4.

Replies

• ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That is great!
  • deanna198888
    Options
    Congratulations, that is amazing! Sunday marked my 1 week and I am only down 1 lb but also an entire pants size, the biggest difference is how I feel. I feel so much better eating this way.
  • nynvilva
    nynvilva Posts: 54
    Options
    Fanastic!! Way to go!
  • ellenkilpatrick
    ellenkilpatrick Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You both are amazing!!! so happy to hear people that are happy with their plans and their results!!!!
  • AllyLuna
    AllyLuna Posts: 32
    Options
    I had been off MFP and off track on fitness for a few months. Getting back into it a week ago I realized I had accidentally been eating paleo so I figured hell why not try it? Omg my energy level is intense and I don't feel like I have to worry about how much I eat. Best feeling is that even though I'm only down 4lbs clothes fit better. I read the article on NerdFitness.com when I got atarted and it helped give me perspective.
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I'm glad to hear encouraging stories as I try to get back on track :smile: I'm going to go find that article on nerd fitness now...
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    That is great! Way to go!!
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    aweosme!
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! :drinker: :drinker: I lost for the 1st month and stalled out in the 2nd. Need to figure out what's going on and fix it!
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I had been off MFP and off track on fitness for a few months. Getting back into it a week ago I realized I had accidentally been eating paleo so I figured hell why not try it? Omg my energy level is intense and I don't feel like I have to worry about how much I eat. Best feeling is that even though I'm only down 4lbs clothes fit better. I read the article on NerdFitness.com when I got atarted and it helped give me perspective.

what article are you talking about?
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

what article are you talking about?

If I had to guess, I'd say this one - http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/

I could be wrong, though. Steve's a big fan of the Paleo diet, so there's no doubt a number of articles on the topic.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congrats, OP!
    Keep it up!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm not a super strict follower, but I've lost 3.5 lbs in the two weeks since I started. It's crazy... but great!
  • dannyXoxo
    dannyXoxo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Good for you :) what was the hardest part about your first week?
  • tekwriter
    Options
    The hardest part about my first week were the first two days. For some reason craved sugary foods I rarely eat anyway. After that it was boredom with the food. I started scouring recipes and beginning to put together some flavor combinations and that was a big help.
  • tekwriter
    Options
    The hardest part about my first week were the first two days. For some reason craved sugary foods I rarely eat anyway. After that it was boredom with the food. I started scouring recipes and beginning to put together some flavor combinations and that was a big help.
  • dannyXoxo
    dannyXoxo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll go through some cook books then... I find I do so well during the day but its a night, that's when I get the machines and don't know what to eat or make :/ hence the fail... But I'll try different recipes now. Thanks!
  • Ladyboomer2
    Ladyboomer2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ive been primal (on and off) for a while but decided to get a bit more disciplined/realistic with the help of myfitnesspal. I like the way I can tweak the nutritional ratios-very helpful-and feel very positive with my first week of reported progress. The journey begins :bigsmile:
  • athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic progress for just one week! Keep up the good work! It only gets better!
  • Ladyboomer2
    Ladyboomer2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks !!!

I'm feeling really great- the bloat in my belly has shrunk so much I can actually lace my shoes with out feeling like my organs are getting shoved into my diaphragm-so i dont struggle for breathe to do something so mundane.

And my hubby who is also eating primal no long has issues with reflux, belching etc. Even though we live in a 5 star hotel(actually 2 hotels) with 5 restaurants we eat primal when eating in-house and i also cook primal as well.

We do get a few raised eyebrows when we ask that the bread basket NOT be brought to the table, no rice in the japanese restaurant and no noodles or dumplings in the Chinese restaurant but we both feel so much better in such a short period of time ( and I went thru a rather nasty carb flu" ) that we arent tempted to waver.

We are very encouraged for sure :happy: