Weight Loss

Options
Looking to lose weight? Don't forget these important tips:

1. Sleep: lack of sleep inhibits fat loss.
2. Drink water
3. Eat protein: essential for the body
4. Get in your fruits and vegetables: full of nutrients and fiber
5. Exercise: try hitting the weights for some resistance training, the benefits are long lasting
6. Track your food: this will help you become more self-aware
7. Don't give in to diet fads: most are bogus and just make you lose water weight, quick fix, not long term

Replies

• pfrid
    pfrid Posts: 9
    Options
    Great tips to remember.

I have the hardest time getting enough sleep and drinking the water......and I'm not a big fan of vegetables so that's hard too.
  • EVH67
    EVH67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I find problems with finding delicious recipes for my veggies b4 they go bad. How not to trashing my money.(thier's just so many smooties one can drink in a day :drinker:).
  • I pretty much know me now.. I tend to go off my diet when always get up n start missing my snacks.. or going on some crazy starving diet .. as long as stick to my snacks daily I do very well.. I need ot get more sleep lately I've been getting about 6 hours really need 8..I all ways get up anxious ready to workout im very disciplined in this area:heart:
  • PorrazzaNutrition
    PorrazzaNutrition Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would say for the water to maybe add a splash of lemon or some seltzer for a spritzer, that is if you don't like the taste. Also, fruits and vegetables and other foods count towards your fluid intake.
  • PorrazzaNutrition
    Options
    I find problems with finding delicious recipes for my veggies b4 they go bad. How not to trashing my money.(thier's just so many smooties one can drink in a day :drinker:).

Maybe adding your veggies to other recipes. Like if you are making pasta, adding the veggies to the gravy (or sauce as some call it). Also, with the veggies wasting, you could always use them fresh and then cut and freeze them. Then, you can use them later in hot dishes and not waste. Adding extra veggies to soups, omelets, and casseroles might be another alternative.
  • PorrazzaNutrition
    Options
    I pretty much know me now.. I tend to go off my diet when always get up n start missing my snacks.. or going on some crazy starving diet .. as long as stick to my snacks daily I do very well.. I need ot get more sleep lately I've been getting about 6 hours really need 8..I all ways get up anxious ready to workout im very disciplined in this area:heart:

That's great about the working out part. Once you get a schedule set with working out, makes it easier to stick to. Also, if you are working out, you shouldn't have to worry "as much" if you cheat on some days with the food.

Snacking is such a big thing for me. If I wait too long to eat, I feel like I've gone stark raving mad and I want to eat everything in sight! :) Keeping nuts on hand really helps me out.