Online binge eating scale test

Options
Kimblesnbits
Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
Found this quite interesting. A couple months ago I took this test and was in the sever binge eating range and now I'm at moderate (my score was 22) yey! Here's the link and let me know what you think!

http://psychology-tools.com/binge-eating-scale/

Replies

• Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Just took this! I scored a 25, moderate BED> I really liked this for a few reasons. Even though some of the questions didn't apply to me, I realized what I don't do. I (typically) always know when I'm hungry or not..I don't question it. I know my poor behavior is me being hungry and then eating to fight off something else. I can learn from this : )

Oh, and thank you!!
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Strange...I scored low...11. I guess because I almost always control my urges??? But when I don't - LOOK OUT. Perhaps the urges are more normal than I thought? Or maybe some of the choices on the quiz were either "none - I'm totally fine" and then the other 3 options were almost the same as each other and seemed too extreme, so I picked the "none". if that makes sense....
  • intothepavement
    intothepavement Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I scored a 34, sounds about right.
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just took this and I scored a 15 (no disorder). I answered for how I've been feeling in the past few months, but I know if I had taken this test six months ago I would have scored much much higher.

I'm over the moon as it's really shown me how far I've come and how my attitude towards food has changed recently, becoming a lot more moderate. So hooray!!
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I scored a 23...wish it was lower lol
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Scored a 19 which I thought was very accurate. I agree with the earlier post, this helps to show you how far you've come. I definitely recognized some old patterns that I have overcome. Thanks so much for posting.
  • kellywitcher13
    Options
    I scored a 39... I didn't even know I had this disorder.. I thought binge eating was starving yourself for a week then eating everyting until you puke.. i guess i was wrong..
  • confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I scored 38 :frown:
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Your score was 30 out of a possible 46.

Scores in the 27 - 46 range indicate severe Binge eating behavior.

Yikes I got a 30. Not good but I am not surprised.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yikes, 27! Severe binge eating behavior :(
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I scored 26, high end of moderate binge eating behavior. I think the score confirms how I see myself.

Btw, I'm new to this group, just found it a couple of days ago and will probably hang out here a bit :)
  • RubyRosee1
    Options
    I scored 35... Does anyone have some advise on how to fix this FOR GOOD!? I eat really healthy and eat normal portion sizes (do not over or under eat) for about 2 days but then on the 3rd day if the slightest things go wrong (for example, can't go to the toilet properly or don't exercise in the morning) then i will just give up and then eat and eat and eat until i can't breath properly and feel as if i am going to explode! someone please help me! :(
  • SessiebeeM02
    SessiebeeM02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your score was 25 out of a possible 46.
    Scores in the 18 - 26 range indicate moderate Binge eating behavior.

Mine isn't as bad as I made myself believe it to be. I hope I can fix the problem over time.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I got 37!! I need to change my mind set and get help I think!
  • hayleymc3
    hayleymc3 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    35 for me. :(
  • srhcutting
    srhcutting Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just scored a 34... which makes sense considering i just ate an entire bag of granola and i still want tortilla chips...
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    26 - moderate
    No surprise
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This was very interesting!! I scored a 21
    Thank goodness I have come that far in just a few months
    I knew this support group would do wonders for me!!

Thanks for the post :)
  • fatjavotte
    fatjavotte Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    35 - severe.
    No surprise.
    I have been in a restrictive phase for 5 months and I am really araid I am about to revert to my 8000-kcal-a-day self...
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    37 for me. Uggggh.