hey! my feet are getting SOFT!!!!

Options
hookilau
hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
Long story short, I have long wondered why my feet were impossibly dry, making the soles soooooo thick and unattractive.
Now that I know the cause was uncontrolled blood sugars, and I'm making an effort to control them, I thought I'd post and see what other folks are doing to keep their piggies soft and supple.

I've found a couple of combinations that worked for me, first, I prime my piggies with Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion, then, while still slick from the lotion, before it soaks in, I massage in some pure anhydrous pharmaceutical grade lanolin. That stuff is almost waxy and when I tried to use it alone, it was sticky with a beeswaxy texture (if beeswax wasn't so hard that is :smokin: )

I then put on a pair of cotton socks and wallAHHHH. Soft feet. I do this every night, every morning & every time I put on a pair of socks. I got the lanolin from Amazon pretty cheap & the Aveeno from my local drugstore :drinker:

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil and a pair of socks works wonders as well :-) I have noticed that my feet aren't nearly as calloused now that my Bg's are in a normal range
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    hey. that's a great idea :huh: I've got tons of the stuff, I'm gonna try that today.
    I used to get pedicures and the lady used to be like 'WHAT is going on with your feet?!!' :blushing:
    No ped egg, pumice stone, soaking, scrubbing etc. could make a difference though I used all religeously.

The sad thing is that at the time I was taking belly dancing classes several times a week & of course it was all barefoot on hardwood floors. Unfortunately, all the symptoms for me, crept up so slowly & could easily be explained away by whatever was happening in my life.

The tipping point for me though, was when I realized my construction working union employed husband had feet softer than mine :noway: I'd read that going barefoot will increase callouses (and of course I was barefoot 24/7) so that's what I thought it was all about. I'm going to try coconut oil to seal after applying lotion on my piggies today, thanks for the suggestion :drinker:
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Aveda foot lotion is amazing :)
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am a guy, and can I tell you that my heels were desperately dry.... to the point of being cracked and painful. After a physical about 11 days ago where I found out my A1C was way too high, , I DRASTICALLY cut back on carbs from about 150 a day down to under 60, and in that short time, my heels are softening up on their own. Not only that, but my acid reflux is significantly lessened, and I don't have to pee as much......

All that in about 11 days.