20, New here, and dealing with hypothyroidism! <3

durentis
durentis Posts: 6 Member
(I posted this in the main forum as well, but I figured most people were like me, and they mainly focused on the groups they cared about, so I figured I'd repost.)

I'm new here, and I'm not 100% sure how this is going to go. I've been lacking motivation as of late, and I really needed something to boost my morale.
So hopefully this helps.

I have hypothyroidism, and am currently on 100 mcg of Synthroid. It helps, but it doesn't really boost the weight loss.
I was on Adipex for a while, and that helped, but it tore my anxiety apart, so I opted out of taking that.

I've been able to maintain my weight at 160 for about a year and a half, but I want to prove that I can lose weight and keep it off on my own without the help of medicine.

I don't have many friends on here, so hopefully some of you add me!

Replies

• Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Fellow anxiety sufferer here or I guess I should say former sufferer. I'm happy to report that treating my thyroid problem has seriously helped my anxiety. Hopefully it will for you too. I'm learning that the thyroid recovery road is a long one, but don't get discouraged. This is an awesome group for finding answers and help. I think it's great that you want to avoid additional meds. Diet pills, etc usually only mess up the thyroid futher anyway.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    It is possible! I have Hashimoto's and lost 75lbs and have maintained it for a year. I am on meds (synthroid). The meds helped me feel better but didn't help me lose weight. It's really a matter of trying things till you find what works for you!