Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options
kingscrown
kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
I saw this topic on the main board, but thought it might be more interesting to me if I heard from clean eaters. The worst thing I've tasted is beet juice. Tasted like liquid dirt to me. I also didn't like kale the first time I put it in a smoothie as it's earthy taste overpowered everything else. I am trying to make peace with kale though. Beets and I are still in a full on war.

I also tried a pinch of cacao nibs and they aren't as tasty as I thought we would be. Well, I thought they were terrible, but I put them in my Power Ball recipe any ways as I knew they'd get over powered.

OH OH and liquid B12 supposed to taste great just squirt into one's mouth. Aweful aweful stuff. I returned it to the health food store. They tried to give me tips on how to make it better. They were lucky I kept my "talk to the hand" thoughts to myself.

Things that are good and I thought they'd be terrible: Flax anything, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and coconut yogurt.

Replies

• Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Worst things:
    Almond milk sorry ( I really dislike it)
    Larabar Uber bars they are way too salty (didn't realize it until after I had bought it)

Things I can't live without:
    Almond butter
    Plain greek yogurt
    Raw honey ( can't do the other stuff, never was able to but raw honey to me has a different flavor)
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Those slimy "zero calorie" noodles - YUCK.
  • kingscrown
    Options
    So agree with almond milk when used as milk. A few years ago I had to stay off dairy and a friend said she just loved almond milk. Tried it on cereal, in coffee and just drinking a glass. It was horrible.

That said looking for coconut milk I found a lonely last quart of almond milk that expires this month in the pantry. I just got a recipe yesterday for a "Like Wendy's Frosting" recipe. It has almond milk in it. So thought with all the additions how bad can it be.

3/4 cup almond milk
    1/2 banana
    1/2 tsp vanilla extra
    1-2 T cocoa powder
    15 ice cubes.

Whirl and drink.
    My note: I needed a tsp of honey, but I could use up all the almond milk in this way. It was pretty tasty.
  • kingscrown
    Options
    Hope I never find zero calorie slimy noodles. That sounds awful. Will keep my guard up against those.
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    coconut anything.
  • kingscrown
    Options
    My son feels the same way about coconut. I, on the other hand, love it and would dab it behind my ears if it weren't ... well... weird. :)
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    baked goods made with garbanzo bean flour
  • jannemarie74
    jannemarie74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i tried quorn 10 years ago. it was shaped and flavoured to (supposedly) taste like minced lamb...yuck!!!
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Tripe. It wasn't part of an eating plan, just wanted to try it and I did not care for it at all. I find offal awful.