Looking for "lifting friends"

Options
Looking for friends who are lifting weights and have open diaries. I didn't just want to add people nilly willy without asking first so please add me or let me know if it's ok to add you?

Also can you tell me how/if you keep track of your lifting in MFP and if you "eat back" those calories etc.? I'm going to start doing NROLFW and their calorie intake suggestion is just 100 calories more than what MFP prescribed for weightloss. I still have a ways to go and I'm curious on how you all do it.

Thanks!

Replies

• rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the NROLFW and love it. Feel free to add me.
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm following Starting Strength because it's a much simpler program to follow though I have NRLOL4W and use it as a resource and if I want to add anything additional down the road. My diary is open once you friend me. I do try to eat back my exercise calories-at least some of them. I log my routine in under Cardio and created a Heavy Lifting exercise. I wear a Polar HRM as a guide for approximate burn though I know they aren't perfect for calculating a burn on lifting. I'm close to my weight goal but am now focusing more on body fat than I am the scale. I find the scale is not always useful and it's more important to me as to how I feel and look in my clothes (and no clothes!) than what the scale says. I started lifting in April (kettlebells prior to that which I love and still sneak in sometimes because I have too!). I think I'm making pretty good progress and feel stronger. Best of luck!
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some friends! I love lifting and have done Jamie Eason's program twice. Life has gotten crazy for the last couple of months so I am just getting back to lifting.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I am starting week 3 of the Simply Shredded workout.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Sent you a request.

I did NROL4W last spring, currently doing a slightly modified version of the Simply Shredded workout..

I eat flat calories at TDEE-20%, which is a similar set up to what the new rules book uses. I just didn't find the eat back exercise calories method worked for me when I started lifting. I track my lifting workouts through a different site that tracks the progress on the lifts, so I just enter them here for time more than anything.
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!!! I'm currently in the middle of NROLFW. I re-plugged all my stats into several TDEE calculators a couple weeks ago and set my calorie goal to reflect that. I find its a lot easier to log my exercise as 1 calorie and just eat up to my TDEE calorie goal. But I'm very close to my weight goal so I'm more focused on maintaining weight and gaining muscle rather than losing weight (although if I do lose a couple more lbs I'm ok with it!).