Usernames

Options
phoenixiam
phoenixiam Posts: 27 Member
So how did you come up with your username?
As for me
1. I live in Phoenix
2. Phoenix is a mythical bird that rises from the ashes
3. It's how Yoda would say it.

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I was on the army's delayed entry program when the internet became a thing. That is why I went with soldier.
    The thing is Yahoo would just let me be soldier I would have had to be soldier583942 so I tried soldier42 because 42 is the answer to life the universe and everything. It denied that as well so I tried soldier4242 and it accepted it. I have been soldier4242 for most everything ever since.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    book character. she's badass, grew up with a spear and a buckler in her hand, and is part of a culture of people who are fighters, independent and strong beyond measure.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I started using the screenname d0gmamg0d over 15 years ago on AOL because I wanted a screenname that would kinda show I was a Kevin Smith fan and was tired of my mallrat024 name and didn't think AmyChaser or Clerk was fun enough. I've also always liked word games, so the thought of making my screenname a palindrome appealled to me. I actually had the name before the movie came out. Most of my "fun" (as opposed to the ones I have to use for business) screennames since then have been some derivative of that.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    1995 I was just learning about the internet. It was the time when AOL was the big ISP. 33.3K dial up was the norm and if you had 56K speeds, that was FAST!

Friend of mine introduced to Progidy (sp) Online and chat rooms. Told me to pick a name. I looked around his room and saw "lacroyx" on a VCR box. No idea what it meant but I went with it. I later found out that it's a different way of spelling "the cross" in French.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I was obsessed with foxes, and obsessed with Japanese culture. Kitsune and Kits were my nicknames offline. Then as I got older and anime got more popular, so did the word Kitsune, which annoyed me when I went to pick a username for everything. So I added "The" in a fit of righteous hipster rage. Now i'm just resistant to change, its been my handle for over a decade.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I love potatoes and I look like one too. Possibly related.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Its my name ......Well most of it ..lol I stopped using all my old SN years ago
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Bregalad is an ent in LotR. He's known for being hasty. While reading LotR at the same time, my friend in college told me I was like him because I was always getting impatient. I've used it as the occasional user name ever since.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennifer Lyn (go by Jennifer or Jen to friends). I usually go by Jennilyn online, but add a 76 to the end if just "Jennilyn" is already taken.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Classical Mythology and Artemis is my favorite goddess, though I can't really say I relate to her much. She's the goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women, and is associated with the moon. She was given a silver bow and a quiver with silver arrows and her brother Apollo got them in gold. 3 is just one of my favorite numbers and was tacked on to my yahoo username when silver_arrow was taken and I've just used it since.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    It was a typo years ago on a forum site far far forgotten. I just stuck with it. Basically gibberish...but haven't seen one like it.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Mine is a role play character I have in a game called Deadlands. She was my default choice because my normal one is Jax, but someone had beaten me to that!!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am as tall southern (Dixieland) girl. I am 5'9" and my best friend when I was growing up was 5'0". People called us the amazon and the leprechaun.
  • bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It is a Doctor Who reference to the (possibly) 11th Doctor. You know, the Matt Smith one. To be honest I always thought bow-ties were a little funky and out there, thus cool in my book. I am a HUGE Josh Whedon and Steven Moffat fan and my name is so unique I didn't want to use it even though it was available. It is pronounced Tonya but is spelled WAY funky, although I have certain friends who just call me Anya or Ton. I don't want random family and friends to find my MFP account while randomly searching for me on Google. Hahaha ;)

(BTW Its not that I am ashamed of wanting to be fit, but they all always give me grief so i just keep it quite)
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty straight forward.

My name is Kelly, 1013 is a reference to X Files my first fandom and my forever love, and 86 is my birth year.

Boooooom!
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It is a Doctor Who reference to the (possibly) 11th Doctor. You know, the Matt Smith one. To be honest I always thought bow-ties were a little funky and out there, thus cool in my book. I am a HUGE Josh Whedon and Steven Moffat fan and my name is so unique I didn't want to use it even though it was available. It is pronounced Tonya but is spelled WAY funky, although I have certain friends who just call me Anya or Ton. I don't want random family and friends to find my MFP account while randomly searching for me on Google. Hahaha ;)

(BTW Its not that I am ashamed of wanting to be fit, but they all always give me grief so i just keep it quite)

Along with fezs and stetson hats :P

Your username is awesome :D
  • littlelfmage
    Options
    Well, I'm Short, have an elvish/ faerie like face, and I'm obsessed with Morgan Le fay, Merlin (TV show) Harry Potter, Faeries (the dark medieval kind) and always play the magic class when gaming. Also Wizard is associated with men, and witch sounded too evil. So I chose Mage. I almost did Sorceress, but it didn't flow as well. lol
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I think. All the time.

Therefore I am?

I wanted 'Ceasefire' but it was already taken. It's my username on a couple of games, but namely Puzzle Pirates. =B
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I am disorganized, and tend to get sidetracked easily.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Mine has a bit of a small story, which I have told countless times but never really get bored with it.

When I left middle school and got into high school I didn't have many friends. I finally found a small group I hung out with a lot. They all knew each other from middle school, so I was the new guy. They all played Halo, which I never played. I started playing with them, but I was terrible.

Around that same time Red vs. Blue was coming out and they introduced the character Donut. This was before they turned Donut gay, much to my chagrin (or maybe he was always gay and I just never noticed because I was incredibly sheltered as a child). So my friends started calling me Donut. I needed a new handle because I was getting bored with my current one. I wanted to incorporate my "donut" nickname, however. I realized that I got killed with grenades and rockets a lot, so I put "explosive" in front of it. Plus the thought of a jelly filled doughnut filled with C4 made me laugh. Thus, explosive donut. Been using it for everything ever since.