Eggocado!

Options
ahviendha
ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
Okay forgive me if this is a known breakfast treat, but..OMFG. AN EGGOCADO. Genius!

1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Beat one egg with a fork to blend white and yolk.

2. Cut an avocado in half and de-pit as shown below. Next, slice off a quarter's worth of each "back" so they lay flat. Sprinkle a little salt in each pit hole.

3. Place the avocado halves in an oven-safe skillet, pitted side up, propped against the side to keep them steady.

4. Pour ½ the egg into the center of each avocado half. If you're using a Hass avocado (the smaller, wrinkly, dark-skinned variety), you might need to scoop out a little flesh to make room first. Add any spices or condiments you like on top. Hot sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika or lemon zest all work brilliantly.

5. Carefully place the skillet in the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes, until the egg is set.

6. Devour with a spoon, then send me thank you letters and chocolates.

Definitely slathering sriracha on mine! Making this asap =D

Replies

• ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued...definitely trying this one.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    haven't tried warm avocado yet. Will have to give this one a try.
  • athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do this but on the stove top. I just slice my avocados down the middle, take out the seed, and I get 2 nice 1/2 inch thick or so pieces (you know, after you slice them and cut the middle hole a bit bigger...lol). I throw them into a pan (with the skin still on for now) and crack an egg over them. Let the egg cook, flip...boom done. Delish!

Warm avocado is soooooooooo delish. I always find that I'm heating my avocado with my eggs in the morning!
  • Ladyboomer2
    Ladyboomer2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What a great combo-I'll have to give it a try:tongue: