Options
funny-fitness-pictures-bacon-wrapped-media-13.jpg

Sorry, I was in the mood for some laughs this morning... :laugh:

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good morning eveyone!

Woke up to the beautiful sunshine this morning, but I have come down with a rotten cold plus larengitis. So, I am not feeling the greatest. I may do a short run, if I feel up to it later this morning. Yesterday I did 3DShred. It has been a bit since I've run, so I really need to get my butt out there.

good news is that the scale did not go up after my weekend in the city. Hope to get back here sometime today to read and see how everyone else is doing.

sherry - I too had the pregnancy nose! For me though, it was not good as everything I smelled made me want to puke. haha However, I don't notice that at all from running.
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Well it looks like I wouldn't skip the cold and flu that everyone is talking about. I have been down for the past two days with a fever and bad headache hence I did not get any exercise in. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like myself again and get a run in!

Can't wait to hear from everyone!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Today's threadstarter made me laugh!! haha! Reason# 326 why I workout at home (or the park). haha!

Sorry to hear about everyone suffering from sinus problems, etc. I hope you all kick it to the curb wiki-wiki!

I've been too busy for any cold/flu bug to catch me! haha. Did my usual tot-carrying today, with a little extra--had to run an errand. Also learned I'd been underestimating two of my daily walks. Well, now I know. I ran at the park. I had a vitC fizzy right beforehand and was bursting with energy, so I ended up running the first two laps much faster than usual (6mph). But then my energy ran out and I walked half a lap and then did 2 more laps at normal slow speed (5mph). I've also been breaking out into a run for a block sometimes when I'm doing my last walk (it's a city walk from the n'hood of the park, to my home n'hood). I saw some guys running in the streets of my n'hood yesterday. I'm becoming intrigued by the idea of possibly jogging part of the way home from the park. It's tricky because of the street crossings (I travel along the "local lane" of a hwy with lots of turn-offs), but it could be a nice walk+run. I've been taking my son to taekwon-do everyday now too (instead of DH doing it)...which, with dinner, etc, leaves me very busy from about 1pm til 10pm every day. I've gotten behind on my challenge exercises. Will have to do some catching up starting tomorrow.

Hope everyone's getting along okay and that those of you who are not will be feeling better soon!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Finished cleaning my classroom and checking out and cleaned most of our house. Now I'm heading out for my yoga class. <3
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Liz- that is great and the truth.. there are many reasons you don't look around while your at the gym.. this is way up there... LOL thanks

Hope everyone gets to feeling better.. until later... some type of workout I like walking but miss my cardio.. and strength.
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    I did an hour on my elliptical. Need to do better on my eating though. But at least i got some exercising in. Going to take tomorrow off and run on thursday with my exercise buddy.

Good night everyone!
  • UsernameStillLoading
    UsernameStillLoading Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    funny-fitness-pictures-bacon-wrapped-media-13.jpg

Sorry, I was in the mood for some laughs this morning... :laugh:

My rule is...do not make noise when using the lying leg curls...sounds awfully wrong and you are just in the worst position possible to get away with it.
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Oh by the way, loved today's pic, Liz! So true.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I only made it through work with Tylenol, no exercise for a bit....I miss being heathy!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options

My rule is...do not make noise when using the lying leg curls...sounds awfully wrong and you are just in the worst position possible to get away with it.

haha! I remember that one from my gym days. That is definitely another one where you just want to disappear until it's over! haha
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    I only made it through work with Tylenol, no exercise for a bit....I miss being heathy!

Aww. So true. Feeling unwell is the worst! It's okay to curl up in a little ball, put on a pouty face, and whine, "i jus' wanna feel better"