Hi all!

Options
Wjolaughlin
Wjolaughlin Posts: 23 Member
Hello! I've just joined this group! I just completed week 5 yesterday and was looking for somewhere to discuss. My husband is sick of hearing about it I'm sure, he's not a runner or even exerciser at all so I thought I'd try the forums here and found this group!

I will be reading through the stickies and some threads but maybe someone can help me out in the mean time.

I am probably the worlds slowest runner! In W5D3 I don't think I even did 2 miles! I'm not looking to run a 7 minute mile or even close to that, but I do want to pick up my pace. I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is though. I thought maybe I'd finish the program at my current pace and see if it picks up naturally. But if it doesn't then what? I thought bout going through it again but pushing myself to run faster at each interval?? Is there some other way to do it without killing myself?

Some back ground, I am 43 years old. Have done exercise programs in the past but never have I run. I am about 25-30 away from my ideal weight, I've lost about 10 in the last year (I didn't try too hard over the winter but am back at it now!)

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Wow! Week 5 - Congratulations! That's a big milestone.

Don't worry, your pace will naturally pick up after the program. It just will - you'll be logging more miles and, since you're new, you have a huge capacity to make gains. I'd bet money on this.

That being said, most people need a goal and a plan to stay motivated with running. Whether you find a 5k plan to get faster (there are dozens of options on websites and in books) or whether you use the 10k app or join a running group or find a coach, you really should start thinking about the next step for you to achieve as a runner.