HELP!!

Options
I'm just starting my weight loss plan & need some serious support to keep up with healthy eating habits. I have a TERRIBLE sweet tooth & am known to give into cravings. Please share how you keep up with healthy eating!!

Replies

• QueenRhodess
    Options
    I REALLY love ice cream. The best healthy alternative that I have found takes only four ingredients. One medium sized frozen banana(sliced), ice, almond butter, and milk. Stick them all in a blender and you got yourself some ice cream! The best thing about it is that it doesn't taste bland or "healthy". It's very delicious and just in time for summer. I hope this helps!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    First of all when I began my fitness journey my trainer talked me into giving up diet soda for just one month to clear the chemicals out of my body. In 2 weeks I realized all my intense sweet cravings were directly related to artificial sweeteners. That's just me. You might give it a try and see how you feel. Secondly, go get an issue of Clean Eating magazine. It will have menus and recipes for you to follow. I find it easy to have things spelled out.
  • ficklesoul
    ficklesoul Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have relentless sweet tooth craving too but believe me there are so many healthy substitutes out there. I find that by increasing my fresh fruits intake, it has helped curb my sweet tooth craving little by little. When I want chocolate I would opt for dark choc(75%-85%) and when I want ice cream I also try to make them from frozen bananas. For chocolate "ice cream" sometimes I use half a ripen avocado + 1/3c almond milk + 1tsp nut butter + low cal sugar like stevia or sugar free davinci syrup + 1tbs cocoa powder and some vanilla extract with some crushed ice. I hope this gives you a little idea on how to work on your tooth craving. :D