1200 net.... Really?

Options
Very simple.... I'm not hungry. Can't seem to "net" 1200...... Should I worry? Will my energy bottom out? Do you all make sure you net 1200? I'm not sure I buy into the "starvation mode" theory. Just trying to be healthy. :-). I eat when I'm hungry but don't want to force feed myself.

Replies

• TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I try to hit my calorie goal. As long as I stay under my carb allowance, I am not really worried about the calories. I dont think the 1200 net is as important as making sure you are hitting your BMR or close to it.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i agree with only eating when hungry.

if you're doing some hard workouts, then have a protein shake if you can't eat.. but if you feel good, then i'm sure all is well!
  • jumatwins
    jumatwins Posts: 74
    Options
    Same here! I eat clean and healthy stuff, and focus more on staying low carb so I don't always hit my 1200 net. I don't worry much, as I feel fine and I listen to my body!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    When you start a new diet there is a period of adjustment. You might feel satiated on very little food. Or it might be the opposite and you are famished all day. Thisgs usually smooth out either way after a period of a few weeks
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    you will know. some days i feel like eating all day then other days i am just not very hungry. that just means your boddy needs/dont need the food, you are fine. some days i hit 1,000 cals and some days i hit 1500. nothing to worry about