more fat, less protein

Options
foochick
foochick Posts: 105 Member
Can you guys share your tips or food suggestions to get your fat grams higher than your protein...and still keep your calories reasonable? I cant seem to find the balance, or a happy medium. I'm on week six, extended induction and keep my carbs between 18-25.....usually around 20. I try to keep my calories below 1700. My 'sin' food is coke cherry zero. I have 2-3 a day. I'm stuck for about a week and a half(I've lost 22 pounds.) I've cut way back on my dairy,(after trying to add a little more cheese/heavy cream) I've added asparagus and brussel sprouts VERY judiciously. I'm trying to psych myself up to go to OWL 1, but mentally I cant rationalize adding MORE carbs when I've gained a pound. Thank you so much in advance for your advice.

Replies

• LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    your diary for the last few days look fine,

things you might consider.

more coconut oil.
    saute or oven bake your veggies in olive oil or coconut oil.
    hotdogs. mostly fat, little protein.

you can sneak some coconut oil into almost anything. When I make my frozen berries in chocolate "milk" I add 1/2 tbs of coconut. really makes it rich
  • VivaLaMezzo
    VivaLaMezzo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your food choices look good. Watch those coke zeros. I had to cut out the Crystal Lite and other diet drinks (I also love the cherry coke zero!). It seems that the aspartame in them was stalling me big time! Try cutting the cokes and just do straight water for a week and see what happens. Good luck!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    cream cheese pancakes ;D yum.
  • foochick
    Options
    I am totally gonna do those cream cheese pancakes....I'm afraid of the sugar free maple syrup though. Ugh.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    You can't do low carb, high fat AND low cal. Forget the calories and focus on fat and carbs. Bacon is a great example, high fat and protein, no carbs.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Olives, avocado, nuts, olive oil, butter, peanut butter without sugar. Atkins suggest you add nuts for some variety on extended induction so go ahead and add some even if you're not ready for OWL
  • foochick
    Options
    You can't do low carb, high fat AND low cal. Forget the calories and focus on fat and carbs. Bacon is a great example, high fat and protein, no carbs.

At around 1700 calories, I'm definitely NOT doing low cal. I'm well aquainted with bacon:)) however, I cant really balance my fat/protein/carbs with one food:) On the other hand, calories DO matter....
  • foochick
    Options
    Olives, avocado, nuts, olive oil, butter, peanut butter without sugar. Atkins suggest you add nuts for some variety on extended induction so go ahead and add some even if you're not ready for OWL

I think nuts are part of what stalled me. I had added a few almonds, and some extra dairy. I guess I shouldnt have done both in the same couple of weeks, so I'd know what did it exactly. Live and learn:( Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!!
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Sadly you can, I am really struggling to get above 1000 cals net per day, I am so full and sated from all the stuff I eat in the day that I cannot ram anymore in. I would be truly forcing it down.

Just noticed your loss, incredible, well done x