can't find kettlebell in the exercise list

Options
Hi!

I am doing kettleball twice a week for 50 minutes. I am never sure what to add in my log since kettlebell is not in the list. What do you guys log. Thanks!

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have an HRM, so I log my calories based on that. It's hard to get an accurate burn otherwise, but I would suggest logging it as circuit training if you don't have an HRM.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It's in the list with the cardo exercises.

"Kettlebell Workout".
  • Depictureboy
    Depictureboy Posts: 38 Member
    Options

"Kettlebell Workout".

It's not in my list either. But according to ACE (http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/kettlebells012010.pdf) the only exercise that burns as many calories is cross country skiing uphill with maximum effort. Which happens to be in the cardio list.

I am curious though, how are you surviving for 50 minutes? i do 60/60 swings with a 25lb and I can only do about 15 sets before I am dead...
  • LisaAdamo
    LisaAdamo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Its not on my list either. So I can just use cross country skiing uphill with maximum effort?
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options

"Kettlebell Workout".

It's not in my list either. But according to ACE (http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/kettlebells012010.pdf) the only exercise that burns as many calories is cross country skiing uphill with maximum effort. Which happens to be in the cardio list.

I am curious though, how are you surviving for 50 minutes? i do 60/60 swings with a 25lb and I can only do about 15 sets before I am dead...

Not sure if the question is directed to me, but I attend a kettlebell class. It sounds like the routine i'm doing is a bit more varied than yours. Typically, we do a block of sets with different movements (swings, presses, turkish get ups, deadlifts, squats etc.). The muscle groups and exercises get switched up between lower/upper body and then some abdominal exercises or burpees get thrown in. There are short rest periods here and there.
  • viki1983
    viki1983 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks! I still can find it but I am just adding strength excise to my list knowing that I burned twice as much calories.

As far as how I survive 50 minutes of kettlebell. I am taking a class and we do different routines every time same as bluebird as doing. Switching weights and switching between upper and lower body exercises. But I think every time i fell like i am dying a little bit.
  • VirtuallyAmy
    VirtuallyAmy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded a few calorie burn calculators apps (Droid) that had kettle bell in the list. Pretty general but at least a guidline. A few did list specific workouts. Might be an option around MFP missing it.
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    obviously it varies person to person - but I read between 15-22 calories per minute?
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am doing kettleball twice a week for 50 minutes. I am never sure what to add in my log since kettlebell is not in the list. What do you guys log. Thanks!

It's actually spelled : kettlebells, not balls! common swich-up! Hopefully you can find it now.