Macros for runners

Options
kazzsjourney
kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
For those who are doing running or a lot of cardio (I do do 2-4 pump classes per week plus 1 PT session of weights but am 7 weeks out from my first 12km run so am about to up the intensity and amount of running/cardio work) are you keeping your macros at 40/30/30 or have you increased the carbs slightly?

Replies

• jlshaw77
    jlshaw77 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have changed my ratios to 45/30/25, I think. Anyway, a little higher on the carbs. I am running 3x/week preparing for a half marathon and 2 days of yoga/pilates/body weight training. I feel good at this level though some running advice puts carbs even higher at 50-55.
  • wahwuh
    wahwuh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 50/30/20. 2 days of strength, 3 days of running/Insanity. I'm training for a marathon that's 12 weeks away.
  • irunsf85
    irunsf85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I met with a dietician who also specializes in sports nutrition. She put me on a 45% carb, 30% protein, and 25% fat diet.
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have upped my carbs since I started running (I try to run abour 4.5 miles 3-4 days a week plus HIIT), I definitely feel better eating more carbs (making sure most come from veggies!).
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    this is a great post thanks :) I do mainly running & cycling and have no idea what macros I should be aiming for, I went with what I had on Scooby but happy to give it a shake up to match my exercise.

I am running 5 or 6 days per week, with at least 2 of those running twice a day and try to cycle a couple of times a week too.

I am doing a 60 mile bike ride in 4 weeks and know I need to work on my fuel leading up to the race and then on the day. Any experienced peeps with ideas of how much food I need to take on please let me know.