I'm joining the movement!!

Options
After 2 years (and a baby) on MFP, I'm at my heaviest weight with the exception of delivery day! My 5'5 body is not meant to be 191lbs. 140 looks good on me, but being fit and toned looks best. I miss being that girl. I miss being active. A lot has changed since my fit days (30 year old stay at home mom of 2 kids under 3). But even more is about to change. No more agonizing over every calorie to hit 1200 a day. No more stepping on the scale EVERY SINGLE DAY expecting a miracle. I'm fat and sassy but want to be fit and sassy! I'm going to eat like a real human, I'm going to love watching my body change, feeling my mind change and healing my heart so I can be fun loving Melissa again. Thanks for this group and all the threads that answer all my questions!

I do have one question though...I don't want to eat 1800 calories of crap everyday...what staples should I have in my diet? I love salmon, grilled chicken, eggs, Boca burgers, wheat bread, avocados...just to name a few. Aside from the obvious fruits and veggies what do you all eat?

Thanks for being on this journey with me!

Replies

• MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Bam!

Yayyyyy you!!!!!

Be sure to check out the new website and register for the forum there. www.eatmore2weighless.com

Jen
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa :)

Feel free to look at my diary. Not ultra exciting and I'm not great at hitting the macros though.

I'm eating at my TDEE at the moment but if you go back about 4 weeks I was at 1750 so very similar to your target.

I eat more or less everything that you listed plus I add in nuts, oils, pasta, rice, porridge, Greek yoghurt, full fat cottage cheese. The full fat cottage cheese has been an absolute revelation to me. I've always had the fat free version and thought I liked it. Now I find it watery and 'meh' because the full fat version is so rich, yummy and never ever watery. Oh peanut butter. Yay for eating :))
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Thanks! Full fat cottage cheese...I can't imagine! What a treat!!!
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Way to step up! You may have just inspired me to look further into this :happy:
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Enjoy! My husband thinks it's funny that I get excited over eating the full fat version lol and eating a WHOLE avocado in one sitting omg it's like heaven. No wonder I'm always over on my fats :)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    My staples are COFFEE, eggs, chicken breast, shrimp, pork loin, ground reduced fat pork, low sodium tuna, swiss cheese, potatoes (golden, bakers, sweet,whatever), Barilla plus pasta , almond milk, greek yogurt, COFFEE, stuff for coffee, Eziekel bread, Polaner spreads, Dark chocolate (the good stuff), whey protein, Flat Out bread, red wine, frozen veggies (whatever's on sale), COFFEE, toms (I have 3 plants), apples, blueberries, pineapple, 'shrooms, Luna protein bars, peanut butter, lentels, beans (not canned), low sodium chicken stock, skinny cow ice cream bars, various condiments, and COFFEE!
  • melbhall
    Options

Enjoy! My husband thinks it's funny that I get excited over eating the full fat version lol and eating a WHOLE avocado in one sitting omg it's like heaven. No wonder I'm always over on my fats :)

I definitely always felt bad for eating avocados so I'd have something a million more times unhealthy with less calories. No more!
  • melbhall
    Options
    My staples are COFFEE, eggs, chicken breast, shrimp, pork loin, ground reduced fat pork, low sodium tuna, swiss cheese, potatoes (golden, bakers, sweet,whatever), Barilla plus pasta , almond milk, greek yogurt, COFFEE, stuff for coffee, Eziekel bread, Polaner spreads, Dark chocolate (the good stuff), whey protein, Flat Out bread, red wine, frozen veggies (whatever's on sale), COFFEE, toms (I have 3 plants), apples, blueberries, pineapple, 'shrooms, Luna protein bars, peanut butter, lentels, beans (not canned), low sodium chicken stock, skinny cow ice cream bars, various condiments, and COFFEE!

Your diet sounds delicious!!! I love to cook, I pin a zillion recipes on pinterest and now I'm not afraid to try some!
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

^^^This...I LOVE sitting down with an avocado...yummmmmm!!!:love:

I also love greek yogurt with "simply fruit" spread or granola mixed in, as well as peanut butter, almonds, and whole wheat pasta. Turkey burgers--yum! Stir fry with shrimp...this list could go on and on and on...oh, yeah...and I also LOVE chocolate...specifically the DARK variety...:bigsmile:
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Yay Mel!!

Nuts and peanut/almond butter, Kind bars (the coconut almond are amazing), cheeses, boneless skinless chicken thighs (marinated then grilled), olive oil and butter....whole, real foods. I'm so happy to see you here and wish you the best on your new adventure!
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Everyone has already listed my entire grocery list... the only thing I have to add is 1% chocolate milk, it is the right amount of protein/carb recovery treat post workout :)

Enjoy!!
  • melbhall
    Options
    Welcome!

Everyone has already listed my entire grocery list... the only thing I have to add is 1% chocolate milk, it is the right amount of protein/carb recovery treat post workout :)

Enjoy!!

That sounds yummy!!! I never really knew what to eat post workout so I would always just grab a protein bar!
  • melbhall
    Options
    OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!

A dear friend helped me realize that I don't just want to up my calories cold turkey. I have a very special trip to the bahamas planned with my husband in November. I sure don't want a ten pound bloated gain before I go. Any thoughts on taking my new calories up to my BMR for a while, then slowly increasing?

Also, I know this is a must, I have got to vary my workouts and add weights and strength training. I'm at at home mom of 2 kids, no way I can get a gym membership...I've got some research to do!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Some of the things I eat are chicken, turkey, feta cheese, semi dried tomatos, tahini (love smeared on a banana!), protein shakes, dark chocolate, chia seeds, tuna, swiss cheese. Saturday nites (I usually burn at least 1600 cals on saturdays so need to get quite a few cals in) i splurge on a nice pasta dish and bruschetta. I have a good nut mix too which I buy locally which is almonds, pistachios, dried cranberries and bits of white chocolate which is a treat while being good for me! :) I am sure in summer (is winter here) ice cream will make a appearance too :)