August Movers n Shakers

Options
luvmybeebees
luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
Welcome to Belinda's Team Challenges. My name is Jackie, and I am very happy that you decided to join me for this challenge!!

Here are the basics...
1. Teams of 5 people (1 captain reports to me weekly on Sunday night)
2. Challenge will be exercise based --- SPECIFIC EXERCISES ARE GIVEN TO DO 6 DAYS A WEEK (normally about 15-25 mins)
3. Team will earn BONUS points for weight lost
4. Special Bonus days will also be created to keep things fun and ever changing
5. Each team will have their own thread WITHIN this group.
6. OPTION to earn extra team points by measuring once you start the challenge and then at the end of the month.

Remember, you will have to check in DAILY!! We are all here to support each other, and we can't do that if we don't check in with each other!

Replies

• Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Cheryl. Looking forward to a successful August!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello everyone! My name is Jackie, and I will be your captain for August.

I will need your starting weight, and if you'd like a chance for extra points, your measurements. You will measure now, and then at the end of the month. The measurements I need are: arms(both), chest, waist, hips and thighs (both)

I'm so glad you're here! Please introduce yourself, and friend your teammates!

Have a great day!
  • lil_pixie
    lil_pixie Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for being captain. i wasn't brave enough to put myself forward to be one :happy:

I'm Mags and I'm really excited about this - I need motivation at the moment!
    I'll post my measurements etc when I get home from work, but just popped in to say "hi" for now.

Let's do this!
  • allnamesrtaken
    allnamesrtaken Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Captain, hi team!
    WHOOT WHOOT!
  • rhe280
    rhe280 Posts: 71
    Options
    :happy: hi im rhiannon. cant wait to get started!! will post my measurements when i am at my own computer
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello all my AMNS team members i am excited to have a challenge this month other than resisting temptation! i look forward to being active and hopefully even kickstarting this plateau i have been on for the past two months. lets get started!
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So we are the movers and shakers!!! Awesome!!!!

Hi everyone!!!

My name is Ketty, same as all of you I am extremely excited!!!!! Will post my stats and measurements tomorrow August 1st... Can't wait to start the challenges!!!! We need to lose big!!!!!!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello everyone!

Looks like our teams are full now!! Yay! As you know, the teams consist of 5 people each. We have 10 here because I run 2 teams. For reporting purposes I will split you up, but for support and team spirit I consider us all ONE big team!

Here are the teams:

MOVERS:
    luvmybeebees (me)
    jmanzano
    mamafred
    lil_pixie
    kettydedios

SHAKERS:
    rhe280
    harrietsmama
    themommie
    Mzneecie
    allnamesrtaken

Please friend everyone listed!

I will post the exercises daily, as soon as I see that Belinda has posted them. Sometimes she posts them in the wee hours of the morning. I am in California, so my morning comes later, so it may be early am before I can post it for you. You can always look at her thread titled "Exercises"

Weigh in is every Sunday. All stats and weights have to be reported by then. Please post your info as soon as possible.

I also do a "Getting to know you" thingy on Sundays for fun. It helps us get to know each other, and help support each other.

Since this is a new team, I will post a few now:

1- What is your real name?
    2- What would you like to get from this team?
    3 - What is your goal for the month? Does not have to be weight related.
    4- What is your goal for this (short) week?

Wednesday's exercises to be posted next!! Have a wonderful evening!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Welcome to the August team challenge!

:drinker: Weekly Challenge - 100 OZ of water :drinker:
    Our weekly challenge is going to be focusing on your water in take. If you manage to reach the 100 oz of water your team earns 1 point. Each team has 5 people and this counts from Wednesday to Saturday of week one....so each team can earn an extra 20 points in week one by focusing on drinking plenty of water all day. This helps you stay hydrated and curbs hunger.

:heart: WEDNESDAY 8/1 - 10 minute Total Body workout :heart:
    This workout is one that should only take 10 minutes out of your day and can be done in any place with no equipment.

1. (1:30) Jump Rope - If you don't have a jump rope air jump rope.
    (30 sec rest)
    2. (1 minute) Plyometric Push - up - This can be do either in modified push up form or normal push up form. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMqPf7TTv2s
    (30 sec rest)
    3. (1 minute) Standing Crunch To Squat - I don't have video of this as a flowing exercise BUT here is a worded instruction and a video on the Standing Crunch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vd4AoebNmg -- Stand with feet shoulder width apart, hands behind your head, elbows out to sides. Bend from the hips to the right as your bring your right knee toward your elbow (out and up like in video). Return to starting position and repeat with left knee and left elbow. Return to Stating position then do one squat.
    These three steps count as one rotation.(30 sec rest)

Complete the three exercises for 1 complete rounds (5 mins) if you are new to this or 2 complete rounds (10 mins) if you are advanced.

Questions?

:heart: THURSDAY 8/2 - ARMS :heart:

Everything should be broken up into 3 sets of 10

Standing Bicep Curls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av7-8igSXTs
    Shoulder Press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-aVuyhvLHU&feature=relmfu
    Tricep Extension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRiJVZDpdL0&feature=relmfu
    Pec/chest Fly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmXSO_EqNeY
    Push ups (you can modify these to be on your knees or against a wall)

:heart: Friday 8/3 - Legs (exercises will be posted later)

:heart: Saturday 8/4 - Abs (exercises will be posted later)

:heart: :heart: Sunday 8/5 - REST --- Weigh in :heart: :heart:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    hi teammates
    can't wait to get started and get to know everyone....on your mark get set GO

1- What is your real name? sheri
    2- What would you like to get from this team? encouragement
    3 - What is your goal for the month? Does not have to be weight related. to be more consistant, I usually do pretty good but I am an all or nothing thinker
    4- What is your goal for this (short) week? to try some new exercises
  • jmanzano68
    jmanzano68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone!'

1- What is your real name? Jennifer
    2- What would you like to get from this team? Motivation
    3 - What is your goal for the month? Does not have to be weight related. Getting back on track with exercising on a daily basis.
    4- What is your goal for this (short) week? Completing the water challenge...

Let's all do well whatever our personal goals are and get August started off right!

We can do this Movers n Shakers!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Here we go! Today is our first day - lets make it great!

1. My real name is Jackie
    2. I want this team to be a place if support and encouragement!
    3. For the month, I would like to lose 2 lbs, and just really get back on track with regular exercising
    4. My goal for this short week is to complete the water challenge (glue, glib) and have fun meeting all the new teammates!

Have a great day! Remember to drink your water!! :drinker: Sip, sip, sip all day...don't try to drink it all at once, kay?
  • harrietsmama
    Options
    Hello! I'm Heather
    1- What is your real name? Heather Hall
    2- What would you like to get from this team? Get off my tooshie! I have been sedentary a long time
    3 - What is your goal for the month? Does not have to be weight related. to move my body and leave my house more
    4- What is your goal for this (short) week? try every exercise listed, even if I can't complete it
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello all

1. My real name is Lanesa
    2. i would like to get a chance to shake up my routine by incorporating the challenge into my daily excercise/fitness plan.
    3. For the month, I would like to lose 3 lbs and gain some much needed energy!
    4. My goal for this short week is to stay on track and make better food choices. no cookies or doritos even if i have enough calories!
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I weighed and measured this morning:
    Weight - 164.4 (least I have weighed in over 20 years. Yay MFP!!)
    Bust - 38"
    Waist - 31 1/2"
    Hips - 40"
    Left Thigh - 24", Right Thigh - 24"
    Left Arm - 11 3/4", Right Arm - 11 1/2"

My real name is Cheryl.
    I love the commaradre and support that I get from our groups.
    August Goals: Weight - I would like to lose another 3 or 4 lbs. Personally - I am working on handling my stress better.
    Week's Goal: Getting to know you all and ace these daily challenges.
  • rhe280
    rhe280 Posts: 71
    Options
    hi, here are my current measurements:

weight: 256.7
    Bust: 45''
    Waist: 46''
    Hips: 46.5''
    Thighs(both): 28.5''
    Arms(both): 14''

My real name is Rhiannon
    motivation and exercise ideas
    I would love to hit 250 this month
    Increasing my water and being more consistent.

Cant wait to get to know you all better :)
  • jmanzano68
    jmanzano68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Starting weight 134.2 lbs.
    Bust-36
    Waist-33.5
    Hips-37
    Thighs-20 each
    Arms-11 each

Completed the exercises & will check in this evening with the water challenge status!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    HEY, I already completed the exercises this morning, the plyometric pushup I think I modified a bit ....LOL. but I did it . I wasnt sure if we were suppose to post our weights and measurements here or send them to the captain. so I sent them to the captain. If I need to post them here please let me know. I will check in later with how I did on my water today......We can do this, looks like we are off to a great start
  • allnamesrtaken
    allnamesrtaken Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    My real name is Michelle and I'm 41yo.
    I'm sooo glad to be a part of a group with challenges! I was in a group 6 months ago and I lot 25 pounds. The group closed, I lost motivation and gained 30 pounds :(

Weight: 195.6
    Rt thigh: 26
    Lt thigh: 24
    Rt arm: 13 3/4
    Lt arm: 14
    Bust: 45 1/2
    Waist: 40
    Hips: 48 1/2

Starting my exercises now!

Have a great day!!! Get "shakin!"
  • lil_pixie
    Options
    hi all

1- What is your real name? Mags
    2- What would you like to get from this team? Encouragement & hopefully some great friends :D
    3 - What is your goal for the month? Does not have to be weight related.; To lose 10lb and try to exercise 5 times a week
    4- What is your goal for this (short) week? To complete the exercises set each day

My current measurements are:
    weight: 207
    bust: 47
    waist: 38
    hips: 46
    arms: 12
    thighs: 28

I;m really excited about this. just done the exercises - not sure if I did the push-up right, but i tried! haha.