Day 1 of our challenge, what's your plan to kick it off?

Options
Schmelvie
Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
Here we are at day 1 to start the August ten-pound challenge. What are your plans for today to get things going in the right direction?

I had a good P90x plyometrics workout this morning that burned about 490 calories. I ate half those calories back with a recovery drink immediately after. I'm having leftover jerk chicken salad for lunch, and I'm going to snack all day whenever my stomach asks me to on things like fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, and almonds.

Then maybe a brisk walk tonight.

What about you!!?

Replies

• mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am trying to walk 3 miles every morning. I need to find some other time in the day to add a little more exercise as well. It can be hard with 3 kids around, but I need to kick things up a notch, if I want to get this weight off, especially with vacation coming up in the middle of the month. Good luck everyone! We CAN do this!
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Getting my behind over to the gym tonight to ride that exercise bike! :happy:
  • Jane0322
    Jane0322 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat a moderate carb breakfast and then swim 30 minutes in my pool. I have a lunch date with some friends today, but I chose the Olive Garden because of the unlimited soup and salad. I'm going to choose the minestrone soup and ask for the salad to be served with low fat dressing. Lunch is my main meal of the day so I may have seconds on the salad. Tonight I'll have a light dinner of lean protein (not sure what yet maybe chicken breast). A protein snack before 8 pm (usually a handful of nuts) then no eating after 8 pm, then I'm off to bed by 11 pm. Thanks for posting your plans, this group is awesome!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - 45 minute weight class at gym + 20 minute run & 5 minute walk on treadmill. Eating clean through out the day, lots of water & a walk tonight! :smile:
  • missvaleriekay24
    missvaleriekay24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I plan to do 2hrs on the elliptical!!!
  • Maiello1970
    Maiello1970 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I plan on drinking a gallon of water today, eating right and getting some cardio in today. Wednesdays are almost impossible for me to work out, but i brought workout clothes to work, and will get a run in during lunch.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Today I will - go and buy a cute pair of workout clothes as I just rejoined the gym last night. I will drink 19 cups of water. I will eat clean and often all day. I will stay active on MFP boards today.
  • freetobeme26
    freetobeme26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    20MN BODY SCULPTING(UPPER,LOWER,ABS)
    15MIN HIIT CARDIO
    10MIN STRECTCHING (YOGA)
    EATING CLEAN, FRUITS, VEGGIES, PROTEIN
  • staceypwilliams
    Options
    This morning I did 30 minutes on the tread on 3-8 incline. Later I have a 30 minute Burn Circuit.With clean eating during the day.
  • tammywilsonrealtor
    Options
    I am going to try to track every "bite, lick, and taste" as they say in Weight Watchers and get a handle on my caloric intake each day.
  • adelro28
    Options
    40 min on the treadmill.....at least 3 miles of dog walking....and no fried rice for lunch.
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm excited about this challenge. I don't think I can lose the full 10 pounds, but I'd love to prove myself wrong. Did 30 minutes at the gym this morning and I'm thinking about attending my first zumba class later on tonight.

Good luck everyone! Get moving and embrace the endorphins. :happy:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Eat 5 cups of veggie.
    60 min hip hop class.
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy to my very best ability! Lots of greens! And after reading all of your motivating posts I will up my video workout tonight to a 45 minute one instead of 30! Way to go everyone! Hitting the first week hard!!!
  • cwashkowiak
    cwashkowiak Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great to hear what everyone else is doing! I am keeping track of all my calories, even on the weekends when I normally go crazy :) and I also joined the 30 Day Shred program so just started that today (kicked my butt) and I'm going to up my water intake and keep biking or running every or every other day to stay on track.
  • mwilliams1974
    Options
    Feeling very motivated. Am a newbie to myfitnesspal and I'm finding it an excellent way to keep on track. Did a 4m run tonight as well which makes the calorie count that much easier. Good luck everyone!
  • ArmyWifePagano
    ArmyWifePagano Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd day of doing MFP. When I woke up this AM, I got on the scale and low and behold...5.2 lbs gone! That's an AWESOME way to kick off my August! I've been pretty much grazing food-wise today, but for dinner am planning steamed rice with no-bean chili on top and a vegetable! Good luck with your challenges, everyone!
  • ASchaffer23
    ASchaffer23 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Today I have already stretched for 10 min. and did an hour of Cardio Kickboxing. I'm drinking tones of water today as well, with food that has NO saturated fat. :)
  • davids122
    Options
    25 mins walking, and a 12 mile cycle this evening, healthy salad for dinner too.
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    25 mins walking, and a 12 mile cycle this evening, healthy salad for dinner too.

Wow! Sounds like a doozie to me! Great way to kick off our challenge!!!