Introduce yourself :)

Options
2»

Replies

• JenniferLStaton
    Options
    I signed up for my very first 5k last week! I'm running on April 14 as well. And I can't wait. I started C25K back in February and finally registered. I'm pumped. :-)
  • HereToLoseItAll
    Options
    Hi. My name is Blanche. I'm planning on doing my first walk next month. It's a walk or run 5k here in my town. To prepare I walk at least 30 mins each weekday, but I do 6 miles on the weekend. I do 3 miles on Saturday and 3 miles on Sunday. I also do exercise on my Wii. 30 minutes of Just Dance 3 Sweat Mode. I've been doing this now for the last three weeks a long with eating healthy. I totally changed everything about when and what I eat! I'm planning on doing some kind of program eventually, but right now I'm starting off as someone who did little to no timed exercise (like a routine) for the last few years! Just think I ran track in high school. I can be a runner again!
  • DyannaLee
    Options
    Hi everyone! So glad to see this - I am looking for some support and advice while I train for my 5K. I did a couple of 5K races a few years ago and mostly walked them. Now I can run a mile, and am working on building up to running the whole 5K. So exciting!!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Hi everyone! So glad to see this - I am looking for some support and advice while I train for my 5K. I did a couple of 5K races a few years ago and mostly walked them. Now I can run a mile, and am working on building up to running the whole 5K. So exciting!!

Hey there...
    I've never walked or ran a 5k so you would actually be able to give me more advise than I'd be able to give you...haha. I will be running my first one this summer.
    Congrats on being able to run the 1 mile right now. That's good. When is your race??
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Hi. My name is Blanche. I'm planning on doing my first walk next month. It's a walk or run 5k here in my town. To prepare I walk at least 30 mins each weekday, but I do 6 miles on the weekend. I do 3 miles on Saturday and 3 miles on Sunday. I also do exercise on my Wii. 30 minutes of Just Dance 3 Sweat Mode. I've been doing this now for the last three weeks a long with eating healthy. I totally changed everything about when and what I eat! I'm planning on doing some kind of program eventually, but right now I'm starting off as someone who did little to no timed exercise (like a routine) for the last few years! Just think I ran track in high school. I can be a runner again!

Hey there Blanche,
    It sounds like you are doing awesome. If you are doing 6 miles it sounds like you could do a 10k?? A 5k is only 3.1 miles.
    When will you be running/walking in your race this year?
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you have room for one more!

I don't know what 5K I'm going to run, but I'm starting the C25K this week.... today? LOL Anyway, brief history - three years ago I was a marathon runner. 18 marathons and 2 sub-4hours (so proud of those two!) but after a really hideous divorce and a long-distance move, I haven't run in almost 3 years and am 40lbs heavier. I'm literally in the worst shape of my life and I need to get a handle on things. I signed up last week for a half marathon in November so I need to be ready for it. I know I can do it... I've done it before. I also turn 40 this year and refuse to be fat and 40. I want to be fit and 40! :) I have two girls and I'm busy with them but again, I found time when they were infants to run and I don't have to hire a sitter now! NO EXCUSES!

I'm so mad at myself for letting myself slide to this point. I can't even run a mile right now.... I tried and it was a disaster! I thought I'd start small - and then build up.

Anyway, I'm excited to be here and if any of you need advice on running I'd love to share my thoughts (used to train too)..

Shel

Haha...There's always room for one more.
    Sorry to hear about your life changing experiences these past few years, it sounds like you've pulled through though and are doing wonderful. :flowerforyou:
    That is amazing that you've previously ran some marathons. I'd love to do that one day! Also, congrats on signing up for one this year. I know you can do it too. I think you will be a great person to have in this group since you've probably ran more than all of us in the past. SO please feel free to give as much advise as you can give to all of us beginners.
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Victoria and I've run a few 5ks over the past few years. I haven't been running regularly since last summer so I am trying to get back into it now.

I will run/walk the Girls on the Run 5k in May with one of the girls on the team to support her. That won't be my race, I'll go at the pace she needs and encourage her.

I am planning to run the Bele Chere 5k at the end of July. I'm not sure if I'll look for another race to do between May and July.

My fastest 5k ever was 36 mins. Usually I'm closer to 40 mins.

I would LOVE to do that race in July under 36 mins!
  • jase1981
    jase1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Jason. I ran cross country in high school I was getting pretty fast and I graduated and stopped running. o how I wish I would have kept on running. So a few years ago I lost bunch of weight and gained it back. So now I am getting back on the running horse. Serveral months ago I kinda of injured myself and now decided to pick back up. I enjoy running but want to lose this weight and be healthy. I am running a mile in 12 minutes. I am planning on running a 5k in august but going to wait to see how I progress. See if I can handle the distantce by then.
  • msmoxie68
    msmoxie68 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I began with MFP on May 1st and have gone from sitting on the computer most of the day plus daily house chores to taking an hour walk and usually a half hour or full hour swim during these last few months. Now that I have a puppy, (he's really small a min- pin/chiwa mix), so he walks a bit slower than I'm used to but nice company, only 7 mos old.
    I'm very interested in doing this C25K challenge and I don't have a fancy phone to have the app suggested. Is there a time frame/ weekly work out chart someone could message me with please so I can follow it. I know it's walk for X minutes, jog for X minutes but other than that I'm clueless. Thanks for the help. Also I'm still a bit heavy (212-215.4) so working from the low impact as I gain strength, endurance and tone would be nice. ~Erica~
    I have a treadmill also and my regular pace is 2.8-3.4 for 30 mins each set. I begin to jog at least for one songs worth of time at around 4.0 pace.
  • MrsPrimaNotes2013
    Options
    Hello to all. My name is Kelly, setting out to lose 50 lbs to start with and I am going to learn how to run. Or in the process of. My goal is to just get into shape at a healthy weight and stay there. I am 48 yrs old, wife, mom and grandma. Could definitely use tips and motivation.