It's Been Quite a Journey So Far

Options
I just had a realization on how far I have come. I was my heaviest at 281 after giving birth to our last son. That was not right after giving birth either. I was breastfeeding and kept allowing myself to eat more calories because, of course, I needed those right?!? Well, they weren't healthy foods by any means. I had become a fast food junky and often found myself finding ways to leave the house by myself to run to the grocery store or to the bank or some other excuse so that I could stop by a fast food place and pick something else up. I wouldn't let my family know that I had done that because I knew that they would be disapointed in me. I would stop at a gas station close to our house to throw away the trash. How sad is that?!? I remember that it was April 2011 that I topped the scales at 281. I was miserable. I didn't enjoy any aspect of my life. My 4yr old at the time called me fat and the 6yr old called me chubby. I just figured I was destined to stay this way. It wasn't until I started using MFP that I started to see some results but not anything huge. It took me a REALLY long time to drop 20lbs. I am talking over a year. I went to the OB back in May of this year for a UTI and my husband and I had been talking about having another baby. Well, I knew that I didn't want to get pregnant at the weight I was. I already have Type 2 Diabetes, my thyroid is completely gone, and I was and still am in no shape to go through another pregnancy. I had been thinking about doing Medifast for awhile and my doctor started talking to me about it. He brought me to a nurse in his office that is in charge of all the Medifast stuff and my husband and I talked to her for quite awhile. I was excited for once that this could be what I needed to do to lose the weight. I started Medifast on June 1st at 260.3lbs. Today I weighed in at 230.3lbs. I have a VERY long way to go still and I have had lots of ups and downs. I am learning a lot about myself along this journey with the help from some new friends that I have met here on MFP. I am SO grateful for all the support I get here and from fellow Medifasters! I look forward to losing the next 30lbs in the next 2 months! ;) I know that if I can stay 100% on plan that I can do it! I am enjoying MUCH more energy than I have since I was much younger. I am much more active with my boys. My husband and my relationship has improved by leaps and bounds and I am MUCH more comfortable in my own skin that I have been in a very long time. I have never stuck with any other weight loss plan this long and even though it is hard, I know that this is the best plan for me. I just wanted to share a bit of my journey thus far. I can't believe that from just over a year ago I am down a total of 51lbs. I have to remind myself of where I started at when I was my heaviest. That is quite an accomplishment and I need to remember how I felt so I never go back! Thank you for reading! :)

Replies

• goldendoodle1
    goldendoodle1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing it. I also thought I was doomed to be fat forever until I found Medifast. It's been a miracle for me too!
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success thus far. Medifast helped me to regain my life. I started at 268 lbs and I've been at goal of (around) 143 for almost two years. I now workout 5 days a week and miss it when I don't. Keep it up! You can do this!
  • littleredjd
    Options
    Talking about your struggles releases much of the power you might otherwise allow it to have in your life!
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hearing about your success and loss so far is fantastic! I know you'll continue to do well since you're still so motivated. :)

Way to go!!
  • kidssweetmom
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story-I have been on MF for almost 4 weeks. the 1st week I lost 8 lbs, 2nd week went on vacation and wasnt very good about it so gained 3 lbs back. 3rd week I lost that 3 lbs and have been on track faithfully since and havent lost anymore at all. Getting a little discouraged. Any suggestions? I'm drinking a ton of water too, feel like Im constantly running to the bathroom.