Progress Report...How's everyone doing?

Options

Replies

• adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Day 18 here! Last night was the first time I didnt want to press play - I reckon it's cos I started exercising too late so I was tired, not making that mistake tonight! Digging deeper and trying not to get discouraged by the scales. INCH LOSS INCH LOSS and INCH LOSS!!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Today will be my Pure Cardio followed by Cardio Abs. Im doing ok, still hanging in just unfortunately I miss a day here or there :( that's why after tonight I will do the fit test tomorrow instead of a rest, I have already rested one day this week,lol. Hopefully after doing the abs tonight I can get back on and report how I did. Almost finished with week 2 :D
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Week 2 complete!!! :drinker: I did the best I can with the back to back workouts (wanted to do one this morning but i was just too tired)...I took pics again and am beginning to see my body changing...albeit small ones...i'm disappointed in myself because I know if I had been alot more disciplined with my eating those changes would be more significant...i feel like I kinda "wasted" what could have been 2 much more effective weeks...why am I having such a hard time wrapping my head around doing low carb and just saying NO to some things?! I just have to get it together...because I am pushing myself too hard with this program to waste it all away stuffing my mouth and sabotaging my success....anyone else have a hard time diet-wise? I started looking up some recipes...how to get the motivation to get it right?!?!?!?:cry:
  • bbaker172
    Options
    Week 2 complete!!! :drinker: I did the best I can with the back to back workouts (wanted to do one this morning but i was just too tired)...I took pics again and am beginning to see my body changing...albeit small ones...i'm disappointed in myself because I know if I had been alot more disciplined with my eating those changes would be more significant...i feel like I kinda "wasted" what could have been 2 much more effective weeks...why am I having such a hard time wrapping my head around doing low carb and just saying NO to some things?! I just have to get it together...because I am pushing myself too hard with this program to waste it all away stuffing my mouth and sabotaging my success....anyone else have a hard time diet-wise? I started looking up some recipes...how to get the motivation to get it right?!?!?!?:cry:

Don't beat yourself up for it....you've been doing awsome!! You get up and you press play, and that's the first step. Now that you know and realize that you've been messing up on the diet, now is the time to change it as I heard that the 2nd month is when you really start to see the weightloss....so get back up girlie, you CAN do this!! And we're here with ya!
  • nikig7
    Options

Don't beat yourself up for it....you've been doing awsome!! You get up and you press play, and that's the first step. Now that you know and realize that you've been messing up on the diet, now is the time to change it as I heard that the 2nd month is when you really start to see the weightloss....so get back up girlie, you CAN do this!! And we're here with ya!

Thanks much...i'm definitely gonna do better...:-)
  • jrhstarlight
    Options

I am right here with you Nikig7 :) I have made it through 2 weeks but havent lost anything yet, lbs or inches. I as well know its my poor nutrition so maybe together we can conquer this :D This has been my weakness since the start, but seeing how I lost weight a few years ago not changing my food it didn't seem necessary to change this time but apparently I'm way wrong! So we got this. Let's make some better choices and keep pushing play :D
    I do my 2nd fit test tonight. Yikes, I'm worried, I hope I see some improvements.
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    OMG Fit Test complete and there was improvement :D I really pushed cause I wanted to do more in every category I felt like I was going to puke but luckily never did.

Switch Kicks 82-94 >> 12
    Power Jacks 36-42 >> 6
    Power Knees 89-98 >> 9
    Power Jumps 22-28 >>6
    Globe Jumps 6-8 >>2
    Suicide Jumps 9-11 >>2
    Push-up Jacks 16-28 >>12
    Low Plank 36-64 >> 28
  • bbaker172
    Options
    OMG Fit Test complete and there was improvement :D I really pushed cause I wanted to do more in every category I felt like I was going to puke but luckily never did.

Switch Kicks 82-94 >> 12
    Power Jacks 36-42 >> 6
    Power Knees 89-98 >> 9
    Power Jumps 22-28 >>6
    Globe Jumps 6-8 >>2
    Suicide Jumps 9-11 >>2
    Push-up Jacks 16-28 >>12
    Low Plank 36-64 >> 28

Great Job!!!
  • nikig7
    Options

Switch Kicks 82-94 >> 12
    Power Jacks 36-42 >> 6
    Power Knees 89-98 >> 9
    Power Jumps 22-28 >>6
    Globe Jumps 6-8 >>2
    Suicide Jumps 9-11 >>2
    Push-up Jacks 16-28 >>12
    Low Plank 36-64 >> 28

Wow...awesome....I can't seem to get through anything with the words "push up" in it just yet but I'll get there! :laugh:
  • mittenkit
    Options
    I'm right there with you two, nikig7 and jrhstarlight. I'm almost to the end of week 2, and while I do feel better and more toned, the scale has actually climed by 1 kg since I started....but perserverance is the only option I guess. Have decided to ignore the scale until I am done with the first 30 days, and in the meantime just keep with it each morning. I've also not been terribly good about following a better eating plan, so perhaps will step up focus on that these next two weeks. Tough part is trying to pre-plan meals around work and such, since I never do that. How all does everyone else deal with it, any tips?

Excellent job on the 2nd fit test jrh!
  • nikig7
    Options
    I'm right there with you two, nikig7 and jrhstarlight. I'm almost to the end of week 2, and while I do feel better and more toned, the scale has actually climed by 1 kg since I started....but perserverance is the only option I guess. Have decided to ignore the scale until I am done with the first 30 days, and in the meantime just keep with it each morning. I've also not been terribly good about following a better eating plan, so perhaps will step up focus on that these next two weeks. Tough part is trying to pre-plan meals around work and such, since I never do that. How all does everyone else deal with it, any tips?

Hey mittenkit...I too could do with some tips! I think at the end of the day though we can start with the smaller, more "obvious" changes....like I know I tend to overdo it on the snacking, or soda....or some of those things that we already KNOW are impeding our progress....and cut down a bit...then perhaps we can "graduate" to a more formal, structured eating plan...dunno...that's just how I'm thinking of approaching it at this point :-)
  • jrhstarlight
    Options

Thanks everyone :)

About food, Im no expert but things that help me is grocery shop and grocery shop ALOT. I buy fresh produce and it goes bad so quickly. So as soon as I get it home from the store I wash it, cut it and store it in containers. Then when I open the fridge its like ooooh grapes don't mind if I do. I keep apples cause they are easy to grab and take to work. I pack my lunch daily, so it easy to grab the already washed and ready to eat containers of food such as watermelon, broccoli.....Its funny I get lots of compliments when at work with my mixed container of fruits. But then eat badly on the way home or off days :( Or when I don't go back to the store and I am all out of good stuff so then I sub for all the bad things cause they are here.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just joined this group today. I’m 29, 5 feet tall & 198 pounds. I started Insanity on 7/11 and have yet to miss a day. I’ve only lost about 2 pounds, but I’ve also lost 10.5 Inches!! Here are the results of my first two fit test:

Switch Kicks – 49/53
    Power Jacks – 38/55
    Power Knees – 64/80
    Power Jumps – 30/44
    Globe Jumps – 5/8
    Suicide Jumps – 10/11
    Push-up Jacks – 9/17
    Low Plank Oblique – 14/24

Just to explain my profile photo (in orange dress if it changes after anyone reads this) the first pic was taken 6/22. The second was taken 7/26. You can see the 10.5 inches I’ve lost!

Good luck to everyone on this INSANE ride
  • bbaker172
    Options
    Hello all! I just joined this group today. I’m 29, 5 feet tall & 198 pounds. I started Insanity on 7/11 and have yet to miss a day. I’ve only lost about 2 pounds, but I’ve also lost 10.5 Inches!! Here are the results of my first two fit test:

Switch Kicks – 49/53
    Power Jacks – 38/55
    Power Knees – 64/80
    Power Jumps – 30/44
    Globe Jumps – 5/8
    Suicide Jumps – 10/11
    Push-up Jacks – 9/17

Just to explain my profile photo (in orange dress if it changes after anyone reads this) the first pic was taken 6/22. The second was taken 7/26. You can see the 10.5 inches I’ve lost!

Holy smokes!!!!!! You go girl!!!!
  • jrhstarlight
    Options

Switch Kicks – 49/53
    Power Jacks – 38/55
    Power Knees – 64/80
    Power Jumps – 30/44
    Globe Jumps – 5/8
    Suicide Jumps – 10/11
    Push-up Jacks – 9/17

Welcome and great results :D You give me motivation!!!
  • nikig7
    Options

Switch Kicks – 49/53
    Power Jacks – 38/55
    Power Knees – 64/80
    Power Jumps – 30/44
    Globe Jumps – 5/8
    Suicide Jumps – 10/11
    Push-up Jacks – 9/17

Awesome results so far! Welcome and all the best as you continue!

• jrhstarlight
    Options
    So how is everyone not been very many posts last few days?

Me: Well I fell off just a tad, alot going on the last few days and got out of my routine so I am hoping to get back up and start again on Sat. so I can finish week 3. My eating is not too horrible so i am hoping that is helping with the lack of exercise :)
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My eating has been BAD BAD this last week so I will work on mending that starting TODAY..Otherwise I have Cardio Abs tomorrow with Pure Cardio...It will be the first time I have done the Abs A little scared LOL ANd monday will be my second Fit Test Looking forward to it because I KNOW I have improved...Thats where Im at :)
  • cdm1221
    cdm1221 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello All! I finished Month 1 this past Sunday :):) In Recovery Week now, but wanted to share my first month results.

12.4 lb LOST, 2.5" off my hips, 2" off my waist

I'm excited; the progress pushes me on!
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I finished Month 1 this past Sunday :):) In Recovery Week now, but wanted to share my first month results.

12.4 lb LOST, 2.5" off my hips, 2" off my waist

I'm excited; the progress pushes me on!

BRILLIANT RESULTS!!!!! I'm also in recovery week, I'm meant to start Month 2 on Sunday but I'm cutting it short by a few days as I want to finish Insanity before I go on holiday mid Sept. All the best with Month 2 I hear that's where the madness really begins!