The Olympians

Options
judy225
judy225 Posts: 29 Member
Hey Olympians, ready to get started?????

Here's our team, please friend your teammates!. Please introduce yourself, tell us something about you. :wink:

Judy225 (captain)
merry_abandon
ahelgers10
emmoen1
ehoganallison

I please need everyone's weights tomorrow, 8/1. Also need your measurements (bust, waist, hips, thighs and biceps) tomorrow if you want to track those too (bonus points - let's get all we can :happy: ). You can either message me or post on here.

Food for Thought: The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Believe you can achieve it, strengthen your drive and determination and there is no stopping you on what you can accomplish. We can do this!!

Replies

• emmoen1
    emmoen1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    waist? is that the smallest part or just below the belly button?

So I guess I might as well introduce myself too :happy:
    I am 25 years old and a wife/mother. My son will be 3 in December and I have been wanting to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight since I had in. I have started to and stopped countless times and for some reason I know in my heart and mind I can do it this time. This is the first time during my weight loss journey that I have made it within single digits to my goal. I only have 9lbs left to reach my goal weight of 140lbs. My husband is very supportive and pushes me to keep on track which I love. He can be a little hard sometimes but it is just how he is... A Marine! But I understand him because I use to be a Marine. But looking forward to this challenge especially with teammates to hold me accountable. Good luck everyone and lets have fun!
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Amy, I am 26 years have been married for almost 3 years and have two amazing boys. They will be 8 and 2 in October. I have been wanting to drop the 60 pounds I gained with my first child for the last almost 8 years. I have started and stopped more times than I can count but never really put all the effort into it that I needed. I have been at this for almost 2 months and am down 8 pounds but still have a lot to go. Good Luck everyone! We can do this!
  • emmoen1
    Options
    So I measure up...

CW: 149lbs
    Bilateral Biceps: 12 "
    Waist (below belly button): 36" and what I want to lose the most
    Hip: 41"
    Bilateral Thighs: 22"

GW:140lbs
  • judy225
    Options
    HI everyone. I'm 45, single mom of 2 teenage boys, and always sturggled with my weight. I'm at all time high :cry: . I live on the beach, and too embarrassed to wear a baiting suit and enjoy the beach. Pretty Sad. I'm great a starting, but following though -sticking with it isn't my strong suit. I've joined a few paid challenges with fellow breast cancer survivors, and never finish, just give them my money. So enough is enough, time to get with it. I figure if I'm the team leader, I will stick around, as don't want to let you down. I look forward to supporting you, and appreciate all your upcoming support.

I have about 75 pound to lose in total :embarassed: but would say my goal for Aug will be losing 10 pounds AND more importantly sticking with it. I'm trying to keep it around 1400 calories per day, under 15 grams fat per meal, AND doing the exercises and challenges from here. Of course, that doesn't come without challenges, as have a get away this weekend, and the last weekend. But that's life, I'm determined to make life style changes.

I will post weight/measurements tomorrow. Good Luck, look forward to seeing a little less of us in 30 days!!
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am a 21 year old college senior studying history, English, and business administration. I had been trying throughout college to lose the weight, but kicking bad eating habits and an addiction to sugar was more than I could handle alone. Earlier this summer, something finally clicked: I was disgusted with the way I looked and felt, and I knew I was destroying my body with all the sugar and fats I was eating. So here I am, trying to regain control of my body and my eating behavior!

Ultimately, I'd like to feel comfortable and healthy in my body, so weight is of little importance to me in and of itself. I've set my goal to weigh 100 lbs. (I'm only 5'), but would be content with anything under 107, given the muscle I would also like to build up. I've been trying to keep to 1200 calories a day, with as little fat and as few carbs as I can get, and by exercising almost everyday, the calories I gain from which I don't generally eat back. I'll post my stats tomorrow!

I look forward to tackling this challenge with you all! Best of luck to everyone!
  • judy225
    Options
    So anyone watching the Olympics? What's your favorite? The swimmer, Ryan Lochte is from our city, Port Orange/Daytona Beach Fla, so that's usually top on our list. They all are so very amazing!!

OK, here we go....... I've copied over what was posted on the Exercise and Weekly Challenge thread. I will post these here as I see them, but feel free to post if you see before me. So it's time to get your water bottles ready, we can do this!!

Weekly Challenge - 100 OZ of water :drinker: :drinker:
    Our weekly challenge is going to be focusing on your water in take. If you manage to reach the 100 oz of water your team earns 1 point. Each team has 5 people and this counts from Wednesday to Saturday of week one....so each team can earn an extra 20 points in week one by focusing on drinking plenty of water all day. This helps you stay hydrated and curbs hunger.

Wednesday 8/1 - 10 minute Total Body workout
    This workout is one that should only take 10 minutes out of your day and can be done in any place with no equipment.

1. (1:30) Jump Rope - If you don't have a jump rope air jump rope.
    (30 sec rest)
    2. (1 minute) Plyometric Push - up - This can be do either in modified push up form or normal push up form. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMqPf7TTv2s
    (30 sec rest)
    3. (1 minute) Standing Crunch To Squat - I don't have video of this as a flowing exercise BUT here is a worded instruction and a video on the Standing Crunch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vd4AoebNmg -- Stand with feet shoulder width apart, hands behind your head, elbows out to sides. Bend from the hips to the right as your bring your right knee toward your elbow (out and up like in video). Return to starting position and repeat with left knee and left elbow. Return to Stating position then do one squat.
    These three steps count as one rotation.(30 sec rest)

Complete the three exercises for 1 complete rounds (5 mins) if you are new to this or 2 complete rounds (10 mins) if you are advanced.

Questions?

Thursday 8/2 - ARMS

Everything should be broken up into 3 sets of 10

Standing Bicep Curls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av7-8igSXTs
    Shoulder Press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-aVuyhvLHU&feature=relmfu
    Tricep Extension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRiJVZDpdL0&feature=relmfu
    Pec/chest Fly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmXSO_EqNeY
    Push ups (you can modify these to be on your knees or against a wall)

Friday 8/3 - Legs

Saturday 8/4 - Abs

Sunday 8/5 - REST --- Weigh in
  • ehoganallison
    ehoganallison Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Elizabeth. I'm 31 and I am a SAHM to walker who is almost 4. I've been married almost 7 years and live close to Memphis.
    To be honest, I love food and I have a terrible binge eating issue. I learned how to make healthier choices through Weight Watchers and made lifetime in January, losing over 80 pounds in 3 years. From January to May of this year I did great, maybe too good, because I went on vacation and feel of the wagon totally. Eating has been a roller coaster since then and I am up about 10 pounds.
    My goal is to get my motivation back, help our team win, conquer the binge monster in me, get those 5 pounds or more off, and figure out how to enjoy food. Exercise isn't an issue. I love it and would have packed on much more if I didn't do as much as I do.
    I am hoping to get support and give it and rock this challenge! :)
  • ehoganallison
    Options
    Moment of truth: I'm up more than I thought. Downward from here, right? :)
    Weight 160.4
    Neck 12.75"
    Bust 34.75"
    Waist 36.5"
    Hips 41"
    Rt bicep 12"
    Lt bicep 12"
    Rt thigh 21"
    Lt thight 22"

I've already downed 16 oz and it isn't 7-I won't have trouble getting the water in. I'll be exercising later. My little boy thinks it's funny when I jump rope!
    Here's to a great first day!
  • merry_abandon
    Options
    Here we go!

Weight: 117.6
    Bust: 33
    Waist: 27
    Hips: 31.5
    Neck: 12.5
    Thighs: 22.5
    Biceps: 11

I raise my water bottle to you all! :drinker: Let's do this!
  • judy225
    Options
    ok, embarrassed to post, but here goes....

Weight: 213
    Bust: 45
    Waist: 42
    Hips: 45
    Thighs: 27.5
    Biceps: 14

Off to drink my water :drinker: Have an awesome first day!!
  • ahelgers10
    Options
    Ok here we go
    Weight 195.4
    Bust 41 in
    Hips 46 in
    Waist 36 in
    Thighs 26 in
    Biceps 13 in
    Neck 14 in

I did measurements a couple weeks ago either I didnt measure the same or I have lost some inches.
  • emmoen1
    Options
    So what do we do when we completed everything?
  • judy225
    Options
    So what do we do when we completed everything?

This is all new to me also, but I think the goal is to check in daily, so you can post what you have accomplished or any challenges. This give us the opportunity to support each other, makes us accountable, etc. Does that work for everyone?
  • judy225
    Options
    W 8/1 - exercise and water - done - yay

How's everyone else doing? I must say, 100 oz of beer sure would be better :drinker: But all water today, and lots restroom visits!

I'd say we are off to an impressive start, everyone posted weight and measurements today - you rock!!!

Everyone also shared a little about you, thanks! We are all different, but I think we can all relate to something each of us said, agree? If you haven't already done so, can you please give us your first name? And where you are from? And maybe what you do for living? I'm Judy, from Daytona Beach, Fl and am an Accountant.

Thought for the day: Nothing taste as good as thin feel.
  • merry_abandon
    Options
    8/1- Water: 100 oz.; Exercise: Complete

I have to admit that drinking 100 oz of water was quite the challenge for me; definitely a lot of bathroom breaks! But I'm assuming that in the long run it will feel so much better to be truly hydrated.

It's so great to see such diversity here! I'm Natalie, from Sarasota, FL (yay Floridians haha), and I'm currently an unemployed student. :embarassed: I'm not really sure what I'll do after I graduate, but I'm considering law school (corporate law) or getting an MBA. Ideally I'd be on the executive board of Disney Corp., but that's something to work towards! I'd also like to be a novelist if finances ever allow. In response to your previous question, Judy, I don't really have a favorite Olympian or Olympic event, as I think they're all pretty inspiring, but I would have to say I'm particularly proud of Lochte, since he went to the same university of which I'm currently a student. It's nice to see the Gators represented internationally! :happy:
  • ehoganallison
    Options
    Exercise and water from yesterday complete! Already a big start on the water for today.
    My food intake was not stellar yesterday, but I've pre tracked my food for today so I should be in better shape.
    I can't say that I am following the Olympics, but we turn it on every night and I do like to watch it. My little boy thinks he can do everything the athletes do so it is double entertaining.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • ahelgers10
    Options
    Hey everyone! I got the exercise and water done yesterday. The plyo push-ups were killer! Pushups are not my strength. Keep up the good work! We are going to do great.
  • emmoen1
    Options

Everyone also shared a little about you, thanks! We are all different, but I think we can all relate to something each of us said, agree? If you haven't already done so, can you please give us your first name? And where you are from? And maybe what you do for living?

Thought for the day: Nothing taste as good as thin feel.

So, I did complete yesterdays exercise and water but I did not mention how I did. Realized that I am not good at all with the jump rope but I guess with practice I will improve.... Push-ups well I hate them always have and always will but another thing that will take time and loved loved loved the standing crunch/squat.... hope we do more of those!

So to the quote above, My first name is Erin. I am originally from Kentucky but was in the Marines for 4 years so I have moved around a lot. My husband is still in the Marines and we are currently living in New York but presently in the packing stage to move to Arizona at the beginning of September. I am currently a stay at home mom of a wonder 2 1/2 year old boy. But once we move I will be taking the National Board Exam for Physical Therapy Assistant. It is my family and my future job that are my motivation to get into better shape.

TODAY: Workout & water complete... yay! BUT STILL HATING PUSHUPS :happy:
  • judy225
    Options
    here's the next couple days...

Friday 8/3 - Legs 10 or 15 min workout

Today we are going to either do a 10 minute workout if you are a beginner or 15 minutes if you are advanced. We only have three specific exercises. You will do as many sets as you can get in your set amount of time. Take breaks of 30 -60 seconds as you feel needed. Watch this 4 minute video if you are not sure what the different exercises look like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xPoD5qTaHk

1. Walking Lunges (50 or 25 per leg equals one set)
    2. Squats (50 equals one set)
    3. Back extension (25 equals one set)

Saturday 8/4 - Abs
    Our workout today will have 5 different ab exercises that you will do for 30 second intervals. Complete 6 full rounds. If you are a beginner take 30 second breaks between each exercise. If you are advanced only rest at the end of each full round if needed.

1. V - Sit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPHTGgn6r2c
    2. Plank with Alternating Arms - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mQPmO6RtHg
    3. Bicycle Crunch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqoD0Bdggto
    4. Tone it up Tummy tuck - you can do this bent are and rest on your forearms if needed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T75o55WQb_4
    5. Bridge - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUNiGFvb0qY&feature=relmfu

Sunday 8/5 - REST --- Weigh in
  • judy225
    Options
    Go Gators!! :happy:

OK, Day 2 - exercise and water done. Sure is a lot of water!! Push up's, modified - not so easy, but other items, pretty doable.

How's everyone else doing?? I'm off to Ga this weekend, and in the boonies, so no cell/internet service, so will check in Sun. But please keep posting your progress daily, cheer everyone else on.

Have a fabulous weekend, and keep up the great work!!! We can do this!!!!