Week 1 - 7/30-8/5

Options

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I got my day 1 in tonight, I'll be doing T/Th/Sat - was so excited to get through it, and was pretty happy with the distance I made in 25minutes. It was not the most bragworthy time - but it was better than I did in high school! :)
  • dsengel01
    dsengel01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I survived W1D2 last night - had an average pace of 12:04. I'm super sore today which I guess I expected to feel in my legs but my abs are REALLY feeling it. Hopefully that means good things are happening!!!
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    Wow desengel, I'm impressed! I think my pace is like 14min haha. I did Day 2 early this morning and really enjoyed it. It feels so good to see the sunrise and get in a workout before work. 5:30am is quickly becoming my favorite time of the day!
  • Morenita1976
    Options
    Good morning! Completed day 1 yesterday and it felt great!!! Cant wait for day 2 tomorrow!!!
  • eli_802
    eli_802 Posts: 60
    Options
    w1d2 today. made the mistake of doing a different workout before c25k.. definitely should've waited until after, because i was a little sore! but survived, and looking forward to day 3 on friday :)
  • dsengel01
    Options
    Thank you but don't be too impressed - I have long legs and can pretty easily walk a 15:00 minute mile. Today would be a completely different story - I'm so sore I don't even think I could walk a 20 minute mile!!!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Did Week 1, Day 3 this morning. Today was the hardest so far. My calves started cramping up and I ended up walking through the last run. Think I will repeat week 1. I don't think I'm ready to move on yet, but I'm not quitting just prolonging. :-)
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I did week four day one Monday with no problems (I did however work up an insane sweat!). Today I was supposed to run again but I am so confused about if I should continue. I really want to do this, but my Dr. just diagnosed me with hypermobility syndrome which makes me much more prone to injury. Also, I have hip bursitis. I am confused about if I should try to find a lower impact workout, or try to push myself. I hate when I am told I should not do something. When I think of myself in the future I guess I always saw myself running and doing yoga. Now, I guess those two things are not that great for me. Grrr..:noway: I guess I will have to see how I feel tomorrow. Good job everyone at pushing yourself this first week of challenge!
  • gemwit
    gemwit Posts: 6
    Options
    I know what you mean, BridgetJones! W1D2 for me and my second day with an AM workout. It was really foggy here in Central Jersey this morning, so I delayed until after 6am. It's so peaceful out there and I LOVE seeing the dew on every pine needle and spider web. It reminded me of Charlotte's Web.

Now for coffee and breakfast. Have a great day, all! Kick some *kitten*.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about your diagnosis :frown: i have never heard of that before, so i can only offer support and good wishes, not advice. Did your doctor tell you not to run?
  • artsykris
    Options
    Got in W1D2 this morning. Legs were sore starting out but got better as I continued. My pace increased a bit too.
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    Finished W1D2 this morning and I'm feeling great!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about your diagnosis :frown: i have never heard of that before, so i can only offer support and good wishes, not advice. Did your doctor tell you not to run?

She said that it is not that I am not able to run, but she does not suggest it because I will be much more prone to long lasting injury. I could hardly sleep last night. I have all these dreams of what I want my body to do but confused about if I should or not. I decided to love my body for what it is and not just what I want it to be. I will need to drop out of this C25K and find other ways to get strong and lean. I appreciate your support and well wishes. The group is doing so great already! I know you will all rock this C25K!
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I finally did week 1 day 1 today. I started it Monday but because I didn't finish it, I started over again today. It felt GREAT!

What sort of stretches are you all doing before and after your program?
  • Steph7x
    Steph7x Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just completed W1D2 and my asthma really flares up when it comes to the running so i can't wait till im fitter and can run!
  • dsengel01
    Options
    I completed my first week last night!!! A little nervous to start week 2 on Sunday - those 60 second runs are still a little tough.
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    Finished Week 1 this morning! Be careful if you are doing your workout outside today--at least where I live the air is thick with humidity. I could barely breathe at 5:30 this morning!
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I finally completed day 1 yesterday. I took my border collie with me. It wore him out but I was feeling pretty good. Day 2 tomorrow morning
  • funylady
    funylady Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I finished week 1 day 3 and feeling good. Struggled a little on day 2 but pushed through. Was getting muscle cramps on the outside of my calves, both sides. Glad to have week one under my belt. Looking forward to next week. Good job everyone!!
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Just completed W1D2 and my asthma really flares up when it comes to the running so i can't wait till im fitter and can run!

I have asthma too, it really does get better! =) I still need to take a dose from my inhaler before I exercise, but I've gone from needing it a couple times a day to only needing it right before I work out! Your lungs will thank you for C25K! Keep it up!