August Movers n Shakers

Options

Replies

• Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I drank 102 oz today. This really isn't such a stretch for me. I drink a lot every day.
    Workout completed. I did the set twice but the pushups were modified and without the plyometrics. :blushing: I don't think I could push off the floor to save my life and if I did manage it, I would probably land on my face.
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in -

Exercises completed! I did it 2 times, but my pushups were modified. I tried to do the plyo ones, but I have rotator cuff problems, and they screamed "NO", so I only got in 3 of those puppies!!

I am still working on my water - will update later.

How did everyone's first day go? I hope you all had a successful day!
  • jmanzano68
    jmanzano68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in: Water challenge was completed...just finished the last of it! Exercises completed this morning!
  • rhe280
    rhe280 Posts: 71
    Options
    hi all. wednesday check in. Water challenge completed and exercises. I also modified the push-ups, cant do a proper pushup without face planting in the floor!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Good morning!

How did everyone's first day go? I hope you did well!

:cry: I did not complete the water challenge yesterday! I totally forgot about it for a few hours, so no sipping...only got to 80 oz! But I will make it today!

There are a few team members who have not checked in yet. Please reach out and friend everyone on the list.

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • harrietsmama
    Options
    Am I understanding correctly that you want us to have 100 oz a DAY? that seems like too much for my body.

bust 40.25
    waist 34.5
    abdomen 42.75
    hips 46
    arm 12.5
    thigh 26.25
    weight 186
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    checking in for today...
    I met my water challenge for yesterday and finished exercises today.....yeah, this challenge is great. It is making me get off my butt.....LOL
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Hey All,

Thursday's workout is done and so is the water. I love arm challenges. I have spent the last few years concentrating on my lower body and let my upper body get soft. Time to try and balance things out.
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi teams! I'm Noelle, and I'm not on a team this month, but I might sneak into the group from time to time to say hello and steal some of the exercises. Jackie's a GREAT captain (as you returners know and newbies will soon learn), and the groups are always full of wonderful folks with lots of support and good ideas. So, good luck to the Movers and the Shakers in August, and I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines! :happy:
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :heart: Friday 8/3 - Legs 10 or 15 min workout :heart:

Today we are going to either do a 10 minute workout if you are a beginner or 15 minutes if you are advanced. We only have three specific exercises. You will do as many sets as you can get in your set amount of time. Take breaks of 30 -60 seconds as you feel needed. Watch this 4 minute video if you are not sure what the different exercises look like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xPoD5qTaHk

1. Walking Lunges (50 or 25 per leg equals one set)
    2. Squats (50 equals one set)
    3. Back extension (25 equals one set)

:heart: Saturday 8/4 - Abs :heart:
    Our workout today will have 5 different ab exercises that you will do for 30 second intervals. Complete 6 full rounds. If you are a beginner take 30 second breaks between each exercise. If you are advanced only rest at the end of each full round if needed.

1. V - Sit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPHTGgn6r2c
    2. Plank with Alternating Arms - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mQPmO6RtHg
    3. Bicycle Crunch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqoD0Bdggto
    4. Tone it up Tummy tuck - you can do this bent are and rest on your forearms if needed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T75o55WQb_4
    5. Bridge - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUNiGFvb0qY&feature=relmfu

:heart: :heart: Sunday 8/5 - REST --- Weigh in :heart: :heart:
  • jmanzano68
    jmanzano68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in: water & workout done! This weekend will be difficult since I'm going to be in San Diego with my family & my BFF's for a fun time & a lot of eating!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Thursday check in-

Exercise and water challenges complete! Yay!

On my way to San Diego to have some much needed BFF time! Yes, I'm going to meet up with Jennifer! I will do my best to keep us on track - but we WILL be eating out a lot!:tongue:
  • rhe280
    Options
    thursday checkin. Water and exercise done. :)
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Happy Friday!

It's 4:45 am here in California, and I'm on the road to the airport (thanks Hubby!). I will be checking in on you guys and sending notes to our teammates that haven't found our team thread yet! :noway:

Remember to keep sipping your water (only 2more days!) :drinker:

Have a wonderful day!
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Friday check in.. How are my MOVERS doing??? So sorry if I have not been here, have been extremely busy... but no excuses...
    I am up for the challenge, How about you guys?

Now, my biggest challenge have been WATER!!! i hardly drink water...I seriously need help in that area...
  • lil_pixie
    Options
    Check in.

Well done to you all for doing the challenges,.

Thursday challenge: I didn't post for yesterday but I did the exercises (but not the shoulder press because of a past injury) I usually drink 3 liters of water anyway so water challenge is fine.

Friday challenge: exercise: Done (after a lot of effort. My abs are practically non-existent!) Water: done

:)
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Friday Check-in:
    4 more ounces and th water is done.
    Leg workout done. I did 15 minutes and 3 full sets. I got about 15 of the walking lunges when the timer went off. I took small steps on the lunges because of my knee. Long lunges do a real number on me.

Ketty, if you don't like water, I bet this week has been a beast for you.:sad:
  • rhe280
    Options
    friday checkin: 108 ounces yay......exercises done :) man, im sore now. Got a question, how do you log these exercises in diary? x
  • allnamesrtaken
    allnamesrtaken Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Today's exercises were brutal for me, but done! Sweet!
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    had a hard time with the abs cuz I am doing INSANITY and my body is so extremely sore