Hello, Welcome!

Options
2»

Replies

• tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HER VIDEOS!!! I have used them off and on for about 9 years. Since I started this weight loss journey in January, I have used other videos, such as Zumba, and Jillian Michaels videos. But, I still come back to Leslie Sansone videos. I have over 10 of her videos. My favorite current one is one of her newest the 5day ultimate video. I like it because you can customize it any way you want or select what ever mileage you want to do (for example: 5miles is on Fridays). The package tells you.
    I always tell people about her about what exercise videos I like.
    I am glad I found this group.
  • Auy_Wil
    Auy_Wil Posts: 8
    Options
    How do I get started? Do I have to buy a video or book?

Hi!

I have found Leslie Sansome dvds at Target and Wal-Mart. You can also order them online. I think that you may be able to look on YouTube, and find some samples for free.
    I really enjoy using her dvds, because she is very positive and encouraging.
    Leslie Sansome also has a couple of books that she has written, but they are not necessary to do her dvds.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions that I may be able to help you with, please let me know.

Auy_Wil
  • Wuisyb
    Wuisyb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @Lorie, same here. The heat pretty much sidetracked my morning walks. So I pulled out Leslie too. She is ALWAYS handy.
  • Kimlp85
    Kimlp85 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    I am currently doing the "Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles" which comes with the toning band and I absolutely LOVE it!!
    I've been "walking slim" for 3-4 weeks now and I've dropped 2.5 pounds so it works.
    My only problem is I don't know how to log it for my exercise. It would be good if they could add these DVDs to the exercise database!!
    HAPPY WALKING!!
    log it as aerobics, general
  • sch7355
    sch7355 Posts: 55
    Options
    I've read that on some of Leslie's dvds you can select an option to hear just the music and not her talking. Does anyone know which dvds have this option? I like the walks, but hearing her say the same things over and over gets to be a bit much lol.
  • amillerwvu
    amillerwvu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Completed the 2 mile this morning. I started doing DVD WATP bc it's been too hot outside and the bugs are bad (yeah, I'm a pansy, but I live in the country). I like the video bc I can "do" it. My friends do the Insanity and P90 stuff, but I'm nowhere near ready for that. I own the video that has the 1, 2, and 3 on it. I'd like to work myself up to the 3 mile.
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for Leslie DVDs that are Region 2; any I've found on Amazon, eBay etc are US Version 1. I'm still doing Walking at Home Part 1 and 2 from Youtube but would like to step it up a bit. Any Leslie fans in Europe?
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello & thanks for starting this group! I'm currently using the Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk and power walk DVD's to workout. I will occasionally go to the park and walk too. I'd love to have some walking friends too, so feel free to add me and let me know you're from this group! Happy walking!
  • vernessie
    vernessie Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi all, I'm doing Walking at home Part 1 and 2 from Youtube, I started doing them about two weeks ago, I try to do four days a week at 30 minutes.
  • suegil314
    suegil314 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been doing Leslie Sanaone for a few months. I have the WATP Fat Burning Miles and I just ordered a few on ebay. I also attend a class in my area by a Certified Leslie Sansone Instructor. Love the class and the DVD's. There is never an excuse like it's too hot or raining to walk!
  • Anappy
    Anappy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello All!! I am new again to kicking in some healthy eating and exercise. I have been doing WATP for 2 1/2 weeks now. I do the 2 mile workout. I notice little things but my weight has stayed to same. When I started 2 1/2 weeks ago, I had been doing no exercise at all. I am going to incorporate the 3 mile walk 2x a week to see if it does anything. How has anyone else does on these workouts.

• hilly215
    hilly215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've read that on some of Leslie's dvds you can select an option to hear just the music and not her talking. Does anyone know which dvds have this option? I like the walks, but hearing her say the same things over and over gets to be a bit much lol.

OOOH, I hadn't heard that, but YES, that would be great info to know. She's gotten better on her newer videos, but there are a lot of times I'd rather just hear the music. :tongue:
  • HVoyager
    HVoyager Posts: 13
    Options
    I too love these workouts. Frankly, I have no excuses for missing a workout and therefore, I get my daily workout done. I too used Leslie's workouts to lose over 100 lbs. in 2008. Then for reasons better left unsaid, I stupidly decided I had everything under control and could do whatever I wanted. What a distractive, self-talking lie that was! Now, I'm back where I started and need to lose it all again. The fact is, I know I can do it with any of Leslie's workouts. I just started walking again with the 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds video and have used it every day in July. I set monthly goals to work up to the Advanced 5 mile challenge, daily. It will take me a year to get there, but I really don't care. I love how I feel using the Walk Away DVDs and I don't ever want to be without them again. The bottom line is it works. Why try to fix something that isn't broken?
  • flybyrd76
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello all! I've been doing Leslie Sanson's DVDs for almost a year. This year I've lost a total of 10 pounds this past year doing Leslie and changing my diet. In the last few weeks I've lost 3 pounds but I do use Brazil Butt Lift and on my rest days I've walked 2 miles with the weighted belt. My favorite Walk Away The Pounds dvd is Punch Up Your Walk. Ladies let me tell you, Leslie will have you sweating in minutes using the 2 pound weighted gloves. I purchased my workout dvd set at Walmart but it sold out and was replaced with Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs. Ooh wee! The lower body workout is great for toning but I've had better results with BBL. I'm very excited that I discovered this group because I really love her workouts. I have a torn ligament in my right knee and walking inside my home is right up my alley. It allows me to be able to exercise while dealing with the humid Mississippi summer heat.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I figured I would list all of the videos of hers that I have. I have used them all at some points that I have owned them. The first one is
    WATP Ultimate Collection (4 dvds in one)
    Walk at Home Walk Strong DVD set (3 dvds included)
    Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles
    Walk at Home Walk Your Belly Flat 3 Mile Walk
    Walk at Home 4 mile Super Walk
    Walk at Home 3 mile Slim and Sleek Walk (Plus Pilates for Firm Abs)
    Walk at Home 2 mile Super Walk
    Walk at Home Mini Walks (3 walks on 1 dvd, each 1 mile)
    Walk at Home Total Body Slimming System Burn Body Fat and Sculpt Your Arms
    Just Walk Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan (1 dvd, each day is different lengths) (My favorite and newest)

I also have given these videos to people who have asked me about them. Over the years, I probably have had over 20 of her videos.