Show me your ink!

Options

Replies

• kdtink
    kdtink Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have 5. The first, a butterfly, on my right lower back, was a graduation gift from college (I was 21). Two of my best friends picked everything but the location for that one. It took about 45 minutes. The second is a back piece (starts just below my bra strap goes down to the small of my back) that matches my sister and brother's. We used the same stencil for the identicle design; a compass pointing 3 degrees East, a nod to our military upbringing in Korea, with a snake eating it's own tail surrounding it. We all designed it together after years of living together before we split ways. That one took 2 and a half hours. My third was about 3 hours for the first sitting and 2 for the second; it's an elephant (I call him Irving) on my left rib cage. It was my first black/grey piece done by my friend, Dusty at Acme Tattoos and Piercing in Cincinnati. My fourth was also done by Dusty; a giraffe on my right rib cage (called Cordelia) was done two summers ago. She took about 3 hours total. Finally, I have a dandelion done opposite my butterfly in black and grey with the spindles blowing across my lower back to the butterfly. That one was about 2 hours of work.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Working on my chest 1 of 3 sessions down

20120630_052319.jpg
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately these are the best pics I have. It doesn't show the top part of my full sleeve (it's a peacock/phoenix hybrid). I also have my calves done, and some on my back, as well as some misc. here and there. No idea the amount of time. The full sleeve was about 4 hours sessions, and probably about six of them (it's not quite done though).
    l-1.jpg
    IMG_3967.jpg
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Working on my chest 1 of 3 sessions down

20120630_052319.jpg

love this. it is always great to see good work.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    What do you have? How many hours? Did you pass out, puke or cry? I want the details!

I will start =) I am Ashley, age 24.

I got my first tattoo in August 2008; strength on my right wrist. I was going through a rough time with family things and it served the purpose of giving me strength whenever my head fell to my hands in defeat. I threw up in the midst of having this one done =\
    IMG_3760-1-2.jpg

My next (and most recent) was in September 2011; on my left shoulderblade-a very meaningful tribute to my father, who passed in September 2010. The rose is dripping tears representing that I will always hurt and miss him, but the words around the outside "the love of a father runs deep, i loved her first" serve as a reminder of the good times - these are lyrics from the song we danced to at my wedding in '09. I was seconds away from a nap on this one, lol - no nausea at all =)
    DSCN0126-Copy-1.jpg

So, how many do I have? 3 hours...because a 20 minute tat and a 4 hour tat are not the same =-P

I recently got a heart with 'KSH' (the initials of my cousin that passed in a car accident a couple months ago). You can kind of see it in my profile photo, but it's small - I'll have to get pics up soon!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    2574_60148382181_6949717_n.jpg
    20762_300495262181_2808141_n.jpg
    20762_300495272181_4243025_n.jpg
    533916_10150683202367182_2036485242_n.jpg
    419098_10150628987142182_1287531376_n.jpg
    20762_300540167181_6684060_n.jpg
    20762_300968497181_4197312_n.jpg
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Once I'm at a computer that I'm able to post picutres, I will get mine up here. I have two, my first one is the CBJ (hockey) symbol. However, if anything ever happened to them I live and love Ohio so it all works out (just a star with the flag). I only regret not taken better care of it. It was my first tattoo when I turned 18 so I was young and stupid (lol). If I remember correctly that one took about 2 hours on my left shoulder.

My second tatto (that I just got done on Saturday, July 14, 2012) is my current profile picture. The heart in the birds foot with three colored circles are the birthstone colors of my mom, sister, and I. The heart represents our love for each other and our love for music (the bird). Music has played a big part in my life and has kept me out of a lot of things and making bad decisions. I honestly think if it was for band in high school I would have dropped out. My sister got the same bird on the left side of her chest but she also go a small one for her son. :) It was a great time bonding with my sister in such a way. I will add pictures when I get off work!
  • fatboypup
    Options
    yes chest tattoos hurt, unbearable no.
  • tristalamothe
    tristalamothe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    p
  • tristalamothe
    tristalamothe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Trista, and here is my ink!

June 2006, for my sixteenth birthday; Dad's a fireman
    about three hours, lower back/tramp stamp
    21jy7bp.jpg

May 2009, for my nineteenth birthday; my Mom and Dad got matching tattoos. Last year, my Mom passed away and my Dad and I added a halo above my Mom.
    about half an hour, nape of neck
    2zybw9i.jpg

May 2010, for my twentieth birthday; this is a quote from my favourite book, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    about forty five minutes, right foot
    eb8wft.jpg

February 2011, this is a memorial tattoo for my Mom. She was diagnosed with lung cancer (never smoking a day in her life) at 45 years old in November 2010. She died in September 2011. Luckily, she was able to see this tribute because the tattoo was designed to incorporate her foot tattoo into mine. Pearl is the colour for lung cancer.
    this took about three hours, and by far, the most painful of all of my tattoos, left foot
    25ft5p2.jpg

September 2011, when my Mom died, I got Elvis Presley's signature on my wrist. She was a huge fan; and when I was a little girl, she used to joke and tell me that he was my real father.
    ten minutes, right wrist
    2ntl81u.jpg

February 2012, MCMXC is the roman numeral for 1990; my year of birth
    twenty minutes, behind left ear
    n134ns.jpg

March 2012, "Whisper words of wisdom, let it be" in my Dad's writing, quoting The Beatles. and Blackbirds up the side of my wrist; also a Beatles tribute. My love for the Beatles, but a little more personal, with my Dad's writing.
    forty five minutes, left wrist, left arm
    33nkmip.jpg
    5yrtap.jpg
  • krystymc
    krystymc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hi there! *waves* i'm krysty, 39, been getting tattoos since i was 18 but don't have nearly enough now that i see these pictures! whew, you guys are awesome!!!

here is a crow on the back of my neck
    http://bloodnwine.com/tattoos/crowtattoo001.jpg

one on my thigh
    http://bloodnwine.com/tattoos/babytattoonov2004002.jpg

another thigh one
    http://bloodnwine.com/tattoos/kidstattoo001.jpg

wasn't sure how to include actual images in a post. sorry!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys have some amazing ink! Looking at this thread made me want to go and get tattooed, NOW! :)

I got my first tattoo in 2003, just the name of my favorite band on my wrist. Even though it's small and not impressive, it's still my favorite piece today. I was SO afraid of the pain and was sure that I'd cry. Maybe it was the fear that made me feel almost no pain at all. I was probably expecting it to be so bad that the actual pain wasn't bad at all. I got a lot more after that (eight in total as of right now) and of course, some of them hurt, but I can't seem to stop now.

I'll try to post pictures but bear with me, I don't think I've ever done it here. Sadly, I don't really have any good pictures of most of them.

tat001.jpg

tat002.jpg

rose.jpg
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Here are a good amount of mine :)

I was going to post mine but I can't get them to work ARGH!
  • blossomboom_
    Options
    d0ad8e5c.jpg
    My right inner calf... right after it was finished. It was swollen when the pic was taken.

47df2be1.jpg
    My left wrist.

12480993.jpg
    My left ankle. The bow in the girl's hair matches the bow on my wrist.

d32307e1.jpg
    Right ankle and foot.

I also have a flower in the hair of the zombie girl on my right ankle, but you can't see from that angle. There's also a flower on my left foot. :)
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Options
    d0ad8e5c.jpg
    My right inner calf... right after it was finished. It was swollen when the pic was taken.

47df2be1.jpg
    My left wrist.

12480993.jpg
    My left ankle. The bow in the girl's hair matches the bow on my wrist.

d32307e1.jpg
    Right ankle and foot.

I also have a flower in the hair of the zombie girl on my right ankle, but you can't see from that angle. There's also a flower on my left foot. :)

Your tattoos are gorgeous
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Options
    I am seriously having issues. What codes are you guys using to post pictures?
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I am seriously having issues. What codes are you guys using to post pictures?

You use [ img ]LINKTOPICTURE[ /img ] minus the spaces and the letters mustn't be capitals. If you copy the code from i.e. Photobucket, they'll always write it like [ IMG ] and then you have to change it to [ img ]. Also, I don't know why but if you have the pictures in a subfolder on Photobucket, you'll often just get the "Sorry, the image doesn't exist anymore" icon. I don't know why. But then you'll have to move the picture to your main folder and it'll work. I don't know if you'll get the same issue with other picture hosting services.
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Options
    lipstattoo.jpg

omfoot.jpg

back.jpg

scareall.jpg

lotusfoot.jpg

cattattoo.jpg

bonejanglesarm.jpg

wristtattoo.jpg

backneck.jpg
  • fatboypup
    Options
    chest is done dont mind the swollen worm like stretch mark it will simmer down in a day or two
    20120821_192250-1.jpg
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    chest is done dont mind the swollen worm like stretch mark it will simmer down in a day or two
    20120821_192250-1.jpg

Your tattoos are phenomenal