Success So Far?

Options
I'm curious: who has seen success with this so far? Motivate me! :)

Replies

• cmp3400
    cmp3400 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am too early in to give any real motivation to anyone else. BUT, I feel so good! The lack of "garbage" carbs seems to really agree with me! Today I drank my coffee without any sweetener (I had been doing 1 tsp per morning) and I actually LIKED it?? I would have never thought!
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I bought the book on Sunday night and it's only been 3 days but I love the rule about drinking water before a meal or snack - its a great way to get that water in. I also love the feeling of no carbs after lunch and stopping eating 3 hours before bed. I feel as bouncy as tigger
  • lollypop_ginger
    lollypop_ginger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I read the book 5 weeks ago and have lost 19 pounds since :) it's amazing, I don't always follow all of the rules exactly but it does help to have them there to go back to when I feel I'm going off track!
  • skinny4baby2
    Options
    AHHH! 19 pounds??? I am hoping to lose 21 in three months, so it sounds like this is going to do that for me. :) Good for you!

My biggest success so far (aside from the 4ish pounds down in a week and a half!) is how good I feel. My sugar cravings are all but gone—I think it's the no carbs after dinner. I feel fantastic.

I've also gotten used to the taste of plain Greek yogurt with just a bit of added vanilla. I used to think it tasted like sour cream, but now I've been enjoying it in smoothies or just with berries mixed in. I'm so proud that I "trusted in the process" and bought the plain rather than the vanilla flavor (sweetened with stevia) I was used to. So maybe the reduced carbs as well as the eliminating of fake sugar is what's doing it, but either way, even though I've had periodic success keeping my junk food intake low by resisting temptation, I've never felt NOT TEMPTED by treats. It is BIZARRE and I am loving it!
  • Undomesticated
    Undomesticated Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!
    Day 1 for me. Water and breakfast accomplished. /crossing fingers.
    I decided to try this a little sooner that I should have and plan to cook stuff tonight...but that doesn't help me with lunch today which I have to eat out. Looks like salad with non breaded chicken and very little oil for dressing. Wish me luck!
  • journeyon2013
    journeyon2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Iv lost 33 lbs or more ! least I'm 33 lbs more lighter :smile:
  • hln777
    hln777 Posts: 1
    Options
    This is my first week. Im so hungry. Iguess that my stomach shrinking, right? =)
  • lferrell79
    lferrell79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love love love the book. I'm not a regular watcher of TBL and tripped upon the book by accident, but after struggling with my weight for so many years, I finally feel as if I understand the 'rules' and know what it takes to be healthy.

I'm a middle school teacher so I have the summer off. I began my lifestyle change the last week of May and to date have lost 10 pounds. Although I have quite a distance to go, for the first time I feel that this is a way of thinking that I can sustain. I'm more confident than ever that I will lose the weight and keep it off. And boy, do I feel better!
  • justjoan69
    Options
    After I took the book out of the bag and read the rules over quickly on Sunday night, I started the diet on the Monday morning. I lost 9lbs by the saturday (6 days later). My personal trainer who I had started with the same weekend as reading the book was in shock and super supportive. It's all good clean eating. Lots of power foods. I find the prep time a little long but in to my second week I am already finding many ways to cut that time down by preping before and having things ready in the fridge. I made two batches of this turkey meatballs to have on hand and love them. I have no cravings and feel very satisfied. If you are still hungry eat more vegetables or go through the book again to make sure you aren't missing something. I love the going to bed hungry concept and all the reminders for water.
  • Lisa_K_
    Lisa_K_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The rules are not easy but they work. Going to bed hungry was hard and new for me. It has me ready to eat breakfast right when I wake up! It is hard to get all the fiber but worth the effort. I've enjoyed getting off fake sweeteners and the effect it has had on my body chemistry is astounding. Will keep it up for a loooong time!
  • ShellyShuey
    Options
    I love the book, and I LOVE Bob! Have lost 30 pounds.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Am one-third of the way through the book for the first time and am so impressed. Ready to start the rules in earnest tomorrow (Sunday), no deviations. Would have done it sooner but we had company from out of town and I did all of the cooking. Today, I cleaned out all of the "healthy" junk out of the cupboard - you know, things like "back to nature" cookies and brown rice. LOL

Glad there is a group to discuss the insights and challenges along the way!

-Debra