Introductions ....

Options

Replies

• snowpupmelody
    Options
    I live in southern Carroll County and I just started all of this... Literally 2 days ago. It really is helping me with portions and I am learning about the foods I consume on a daily basis. I am starting a fitness program in a week or so and I think this plan will work wonderfully! I wish everyone good luck!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

My name is Brandon, and I live in the Carney/Parkville area and work for Baltimore County. I moved down to Towson back in 1994 from the Philadelphia area after high school and went to college down here.

Been a member of MFP for quite a few years; although some of them weren't as active. This site and the smartphone app has really helped me in tracking my calories which is great.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • sunkneedaze
    Options
    Hey there :)
    I was raised in Glen Burnie, but currently living in Baltimore Highlands. I have a long term goal of losing and keeping off 100 pounds. I have struggled with my weight my entire life - the most was 398, the least was 198. right now I am at 298, so I am not the biggest that I have been, but I am also not anywhere near my ideal. kinda weird with that "98" . hahaha. I am 5'10 and people are always telling me I don't look like I weigh "that much".... I don't want health problems, and I most certainly do not want to have to go through another back surgery ever again in my life.

also, the main motivator, is that I ordered my dress for my brother's wedding, two sizes too small. My goal is to have THAT dress taken in at least another size, or two :D

So i measured a size 28, ordered a 24, and want it to be taken down to a 20. we'll see.
    My short- term goal is to buy a new outfit for my birthday, having lost at least 20 lbs by then.

I belong to gold's gym near david's bridal, if anyone is interested in meeting up for a work out.
  • jaymartin1978
    jaymartin1978 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My name is Jay. I live near Overlea and I am looking for support. I am going to loss 40lbs and keep it off this time. Feel free to add me.
  • stellalunag
    stellalunag Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Parkville/Carney and work in Dundalk. I'm from Texas originally but have been in Baltimore since 2005. I've been on my weightloss journey since January 2. As of today, I'm 65 lbs. down and have 95 lbs. to go to my ultimate goal. I'm a member of the Parkville Y and work out there regularly. I'm a hiker and backpacker, and I enjoy hula hooping for fitness. If anybody lives nearby and wants to join me at the Y, please do!

Mary Jo
  • stellalunag
    Options
    I'm also in Parkville/Carney (well, Carney, really). Feel free to add me. Good to know I have a "neighbor" here. :)
  • stellalunag
    Options
    I'm not far from you in Carney. Feel free to add me.
  • stellalunag
    Options
    Looks like our starting weights were about the same and our ultimate goals are very similar. I understand how hard it is to be mobile when you're a big girl. I'm always up for being a walking/hiking buddy. Double Rock Park is a great place to get a workout. There is a two-mile hiking trail there can can really challenge you. Let me know if you'd ever like to meet up and hike it together.
  • stellalunag
    Options
    Hi, Linda! I teach in Dundalk. If you ever want a walking buddy, let me know. We can make a few laps around the quarry or you can meet me at the CCBC campus and we can walk the loop around the college.
  • kallston89
    kallston89 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Kenyette and I live in Columbia and work in Howard County as well. I joined MFP around March and didnt really start using it until April. Tracking what i eat and how I exercise has really helped me lose weight. I topped the scale at 243 and I knew it was time for a change! I got a Planet Fitness membership and I now log every morsel that I eat. So far i have lost 12 lbs. That may be little to some, but I feel like I have moved mountains. I wish everyone luck in their weight loss journeys. If you need motivation, I am a great supporter. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Lioness102
    Lioness102 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Kenyette and I live in Columbia and work in Howard County as well. I joined MFP around March and didnt really start using it until April. Tracking what i eat and how I exercise has really helped me lose weight. I topped the scale at 243 and I knew it was time for a change! I got a Planet Fitness membership and I now log every morsel that I eat. So far i have lost 12 lbs. That may be little to some, but I feel like I have moved mountains. I wish everyone luck in their weight loss journeys. If you need motivation, I am a great supporter. Feel free to add me as a friend.

hey & welcome back! I'm in the Baltimore City area! We can keep eachother motivated & informed about fitness opportunities in our area!
  • Lioness102
    Lioness102 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My name is Jay. I live near Overlea and I am looking for support. I am going to loss 40lbs and keep it off this time. Feel free to add me.

I live near this area, where do you workout?
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Shaylyn and I'm 25 years old from NJ. I moved to the area about 3 years ago. I weighed around 180 in high school and I am down to 138 now thanks to weight watchers during college. I've maintained the 138 range for about 4 years and looking to finally get down to my goal weight of 120-125 and tone up.

Please add me as a friend! My diary is open as well.

-Shay
  • stellalunag
    Options
    Reesa,

It sounds like our weightloss goals are similar. I'm trying to lose at least 160 (maybe 10 or 20 more than that...we'll see when I get there). I'm in Carney so not terribly far from you. If you ever want to meet up at Double Rock Park to hike the trails there, let me know!
  • missjazzyfe
    Options
    Hey there, my name's Jazmine and I live down in the Columbia area. I've been trying to get serious about getting healthy since April, but I've had a few set backs. I finally got serious and dropped a dress size, which is really exciting. I don't have many friends/family that's really into it so its nice to see a group of people in the area that are. :D
  • howens1027
    Options
    My name is Heather and I live just outside baltimore. I have been a MD resident all my life. My family is very supportive of my weight loss, but I do not get to see them everyday so it's nice to have friends virtually :) I am trying to hit my goal weight before my 30th birthday next October '13.
  • fadedimage
    fadedimage Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Quiet in this forum so I'll bump it :)

My name is Ryan, 28, and since college has been over for a while now, the Freshman 15 shouldn't still apply so I am attempting to lose it and more. I've been a Maryland resident all of my life. Activities I enjoy: photography, the outdoors (hiking, running, recently into cycling), soccer, travelling. Feel free to friend me and we'll make it a challenge to lose weight!
  • Tabby1216
    Tabby1216 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Tabby and I just joined MFP. I am 29 years old, married, with 3 children. I just moved to the area a little less than two years ago. I have around 50 lbs to lose. I started eating better and exercising the beginning of this year and lost 15 lbs by March; unfortunately, I have not been doing so well since then...I fall off the wagon, get back on, fall off again, etc, so I have been yo-yoing and losing and gaining the same 5 lbs over and over again.
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Mindy and I am from Pasadena. I am always up for local support as we all strive to get healthier!
  • KokoShe
    Options
    Hello All. I'm Koko. Not new to MFP but new to the group. Currently in Cockeysville. Work for a athletic corporate company and do modeling and acting. I'm in desperate need to finally keep off 30+ pounds. I've hit my GW before (which was 175) but it didn't stay off. Now I have a UGW of 155 or less and this time I'm serious!! I'm getting a little older now and I have to maintain this time.