WI4
  • maidofstone
    maidofstone Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    well done , keep it up x
  • jennelinow
    jennelinow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My first weigh-in after a week on the 5:2, this morning was the day after the second down day and it looks like Im down 4 lbs. That being said I was curious how it would change overnight so last night I weighed in at 1lb down. So I'm going to be excited that there seems to be some progress, but I'll wait till week 2 to determine whether this is real weight loss or just daily fluctuation margin of error!
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello from Chicago Illinois!

Starting ADF next week. Spending this time researching and planning grocery list and meal plans especially for the 'down/fasting' days. Also started a Challenge using ADF at www.fatsecret.com. I find this site excellent for weight and fitness 'challenges.'

Join me at www.fatsecret.com for the Alternate-Day Fasting - Our 5-Week Challenge. It starts Aug. 26 thru Sept 30 (5 weeks duration). Calorie guidelines for 'down/fasting' days: 700 calories or less for women, 875 or less calories for men.

I know it's more than the 400-500 calories normally seen, but I want to make ADF a sustainable lifestyle. "When based on a 2,000-calorie daily diet for women and a 2,500-calorie daily diet for men, this is approximately 25 percent to 35 percent of the normal intake" from http://www.livestrong.com/article/281551-alternate-day-fasting-diet/#ixzz23mslyiO6

Hope to see you at fatsecret.com ADF challenge.
  • mermer45
    mermer45 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There seems to be so much preoccupation with overall weight loss. I think a much better guide to progress is body fat reduction. I also think that this goal leads to a more longer term, sustainable approach. Body weight alone disguises too much.