Frustrated!

Options
It is what it is! First, I am on 20 mg Prednisone. I may begin to taper at the end of September. Thus, weight loss will be snails pace. The good news, no gain.

But it is frustrating.

The words Bob wrote resonated with me. Choose the goal. Truly, the goal is to eat healthier with fewer processed foods, more water, and foods that will satisfy the needs of the body. I don't like yogurt, I eat it each morning to satisfy the needs of the body. Goal two is to exercise more. Find exercises that are doable now and in the winter months. I do like the Yoga. I love to walk.

I am in this shape because I did not make the healthy choices in the past couple of years. It has caught up with me. I need to recall why I am here and how not to go back -- so I thought I would vent publicly in lieu of allowing frustration to impede the goal.

Bob also talked about "going public". It is very important to me. There is no significant other in my life to lend support or notice if I am not making healthy choices. This can lead to a slippery slop. Thus, I rely on other venues for accountability.

Today I pledge to eat healthy and exercise. :-)

Peggy

Replies

• Barbwire60
    Options
    Does that drug cause weight gain, I'm assuming it sure doesn't help you with any loss Peggy. I'm on meds for blood pressure & anti depressants don't know if they help to add the weight but I sure do like food, now I'm paying for my unhealthy habits.

Have you tried Greek Yogurt, Vanilla, it is so creamy & good, lots of calories but I just have a tablespoon or 2 to dip my sliced apple in, 1/2 cup for smoothies. I never did like yogurt till I tried this one, I do like cooking with yogurt though.

I only started doing this around the middle of July, cut a lot of my calories by removing alcohol from my diet, except Fri & Sat I can have a few. Like Bob said about choose the goals, I have to read that more often to let it sink in.......grin I do keep reminding myself I'm doing this to eat healthier, exercising to feel better, trying to drink more water (don't like it) but I'll drink it.

I figure the best way is to do what I did with my quit, one day at a time, lots of deep breaths, move past the bad days, pat myself on the back for the good days.

I gave hubby the choice to join me, he did but again like my quit this is his health & my health, he has a cookie that's his gain, I say nothing (very hard for me too, I'm mouthy). We do keep each other going to see who does the most steps & fun to have someone to walk with most days, the dogs are good every day :>)

My day starts off with 1566 calories on fitbit but the more I walk the more calories it gives me.

Going on a picnic at the lake with our blow up boat & toys, hoping to burn lots of calories, packing healthy picnic food.

I'm pledging right along with you to eat healthy & exercise.
  • zanth07
    zanth07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use unflavored chobani 0% fat yogurt. I find it's very yummy and filling if I add about 1/2 - 1 scoop of About Time Birthday Cake protein powder (I'm sure that a good store bought vanilla protein powder would be just as good) and a teaspoon of Polanar Sugar Free Strawberry preserves with added fiber. It works out to 30 - 40 grams of protein and keeps me going for a while. Water has always been a tough issue for me, I've read that the body needs water to flush the fat out of the body. I don't go anywhere without my 20 oz water bottle and I keep refilling it all day.

I have no significant person in my life either, that's why it's so good for me to have you guys as myfitnesspal buddies, to make sure that I'm staying in line. I have a friend at work who is going to work out with me at lunchtime, and I have a close friend near home who does what she can to work out with me in the evenings.

I try to plan my meals and snacks ahead of time, if I don't then I will tend to get myself in trouble by making unhealthy choices.

Hope this helps Peggy ((((hugs))))

Sandy
  • psr1964
    psr1964 Posts: 29
    Options
    The only yogurt I like -- McDonald's Parfait! I have tried many variations -- I tolerate it. I will do it. I drink over a gallon of water each day at work -- new for me since I gave up diet coke. It is frustrating not seeing results.

Prednisone is known for causing weight gain. I just get irritated and need to vent.

So tonight I went to Target, had ice cream, put it back in the freezer case.

Came home and ate an entire canteloupe. We will do it again tomorrow. :-)

Thanks Barb and Sandy.
  • bytrout
    bytrout Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Barb,

Sounds like tip number four to me. Even when you don't particularly want to and things seem out of sort and the meds are a problem: JUST DO IT!
  • psr1964
    psr1964 Posts: 29
    Options
    Do you work for NIKE? LOL ...

Good Advice Bob! -- :-)
  • bytrout
    bytrout Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Swish I did. :-)
  • Barbwire60
    Options
    Funny Peggy. I'm happy you put the ice cream back, cantaloupe is like candy to me, love it.

Some days I get discouraged & think this is no fun I'm eating what I want, knowing the calorie count, logging on here really makes me think twice.

Thanks for the JUST DO IT Bob, great advice & yep tip #4.

I just did it yesterday, in the lake swimming having the greatest of times. Now about our new blow up boat OMG I wish I knew how many calories I burned trying to get in but getting out was a whole other story, I felt like a flapping fish out of water.......LMFAO Sometimes I forget I'm 62 & not in the best of shape, just on the climb down I'm wondering if I'll make it back up, I did after 5 hours of playing.