Starting W1D1 today...anybody else want to join?

Replies

• cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Starting w1d1 Wednesday I'm sick so had to push it back from today, then back to Monday we'd fri. So I'll join you!

I'm also on Mon, Wed & Fri so far. Depending on how I feel and I don't want to over do it I might try every other day. Good luck to you and keep us all posted! :)
  • didans
    didans Posts: 42 Member
    I'm starting W2D1 tomorrow.

I had guests in town last week; so my days got messed up. I started W1D1 on 7/7 and then D2 on 7/8. I just did W1D3 on Sunday night - seven days later. eek!

Getting back on track, I think I'm going to shoot for Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. :)

GL!
  • sherrielynned1
    sherrielynned1 Posts: 26 Member
    Just completed W1 D2 Running in AC is so much easier than dealing with heat & humidity...lol.
  • cobylea
    I'm going to be doing W2D2 this evening. I had to bring my running inside to the treadmill. I will try and get outside at least one out of the three runs so it's not a huge shock when I start running outside full time....scary!! lol
    I don't want to have to be dependant on my treadmill (only in the winter when it's ridiculous temps outside) and would rather try and get as much running as I can outside....hopefully I can do that!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    I never got to start, ended up with a bad case of laryngitis. It wasn't fun. Hoping it passes by Sunday, because I really wanna start!
  • cobylea
    I never got to start, ended up with a bad case of laryngitis. It wasn't fun. Hoping it passes by Sunday, because I really wanna start!

Oh that suck!! :noway: hope you feel better soon and can hop on the wagon with the rest of us!

I took this weekend off for my sons birthday so I'll be doing W2D3 this evening! Even though it's only been a couple of weeks I actually missed it....who woulda thought!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 433 Member
    I would love to join you. I started (for the second time) about a month ago. I completed w2 then work got busy and I got sick. So its been roughly 3 weeks since my last workout. I'm really not sure where to start today. I'm trying to decide if I should use this week as a "catch up" week: w1k3, w2d3, and then start w3????? Or maybe I will start with w2 and see how it feels. If its too easy, move to w3???? Or do I pick up with w3 and if its too hard go back to w2????? Decisions.....decisions. LOL :bigsmile: At any rate, I'm definitely running after work and will let you know what I decided. :smile:
  • Hurley1203
    Hurley1203 Posts: 40 Member
    I just started it today!!!!
  • sherrielynned1
    Just completed W1 D3 and for variety(in gym because heat outside) I put the treadmill on variable height. So I'd be jogging away and the incline would go up! lol. practice for hills when I get back outside.
  • fit4life_73
    Just completed W1 D3 and for variety(in gym because heat outside) I put the treadmill on variable height. So I'd be jogging away and the incline would go up! lol. practice for hills when I get back outside.
    Thats a good idea. I neve thought about doing that. I usually inclune 0.5 - 1%.
  • fit4life_73
    I decided to start with w2. Im really glad I did. I finished w2d1 but i had to slow down a bit. A few weeks ago I was runnung at 5.5 avg pace. There is no way I could have done that today. On a side note, it felt really good to workout today.
  • cobylea
    Finished W2D3 tonight. It was tough for some reason but I made it through. I'm trying to build my endurance up before my speed so right now I'm jogging at only 4.0. I want to finish the 9 weeks and then work on my speed and timing. If it takes me an hour to do 5k I'm ok with that as long as I finsh!

WTG for everybody else! Keep it up and happy running! :happy:
  • cobylea
    How's everyone doing?? I completed W3D1 last night. It wasn't too bad actually....I was surprised I didn't burn as many calories as week 1 and 2 and I didn't sweat as much either, even though I was doing longer runs??
  • fit4life_73
    Finished w2D2 yesterday. I was able to run at 5.0 and I felt great. Moving on to W3 tonight. I guess I wasn't as out of shape as I thought. I'm still disappointed that I had to take those weeks off from working out. I could have been well into w5 by now. Oh well.......I'm happy to be back on track. Tonight I'm also going to swim after I run. I'm not a swimmer so this will be very interesting. I usually go to the pool to play with the kids, not to workout. lol :laugh:

How is everyone?
  • fit4life_73
    How's everyone doing?? I completed W3D1 last night. It wasn't too bad actually....I was surprised I didn't burn as many calories as week 1 and 2 and I didn't sweat as much either, even though I was doing longer runs??

Thats happened to me before too. I noticed that sometimes I will walk slower so that I don't run out of steam for the run intervals.
  • sherrielynned1
    Haven't been able to get in run for a few days. Going to try and squeeze in w2d2 tonight after teaching and my meeting. Hopefully it will be cooler outside as my gym closes early on Sunday.
  • cobylea
    I completed W4D1 last night. I must say I really had to push myself through the 5 minutes runs. I definitely slowed my pace down and that helped considerably. I guess who cares if I'm going so slow I could be going backwards...as long as I finish right? lol. I'll worry about increasing my speed once I'm done the program.
  • sherrielynned1
    I did W3 D2 yesterday and when I hit hills on a run it just killed me. Had to start walking 30 seconds early a couple times. May have to put in an extra week 3 workout before going onto week 4.
  • Im starting week one day 1 Thursday!
  • HI everyone! I started W1D1 today as well. It was hard but I pushed through. I have a bad knee, getting it checked out on Tuesday (8/14), but this is the only program I really am interested in getting into. I have numerous friends who were like me, just needed something to get them back into shape that wasn't a dvd or an expensive gym. They have all lost significant weight and improved their overall health.

Good luck to all of you!
    Chris