What Kind of Geek Are You?

Options

Replies

• Anthyitis
    Anthyitis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well I THOUGHT I was a gamer geek, but I think that Final Fantasy 7 was one of the lamer stories ever told. Now I'm not sure what I am!

I'm not necessarily in the ff7 camp either.. I really loved FFX. Now Dragon Age Origins- that has to be one of the best stories ever told. I don't normally have an urge to replay RPGs, but Dragon Age I completed and then started over, 7 or 8 times.

Lately I've been going through a "I have all of these games but no idea what I want to play' phase and I totally forgot about DA:O!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I got Skyrim for Christmas, but working full time and having a 1st and 3rd grader doesn't leave me enough time to spend on it. It's not like I can sit down and play it for half an hour. Just not that kind of game. I think I've only put about 15 hours into it so far. Kind of sad, growing up is.

Dragon Age is pretty easy to jump in and out of, though.
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Can I be a Decimal Geek? I am a little bit of all of these but Jedi Master of none

Oh, that's me too!

Plus, I still play pen and paper, in person D&D. (Well, Pathfindinder now, but still).
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Umm...I'm a cosplay, craft, movie, music, gadget, and comic geek. :D I was raised by a crafty music loving, movie watching geek and a gadget making, comic reading geek. Well...both parents read their comics actually though my mom likes Superman and my dad likes Batman. Very interesting topics at the dinner table. :D

Oh! And I guess I'm also a Trekkie and Star Wars geek because I love 'em both. And Doctor Who and Torchwood...Dammit! I can't just pick a few.
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Finally, I've found my people!!! Just joined.

I am a Cosplay/Trekkie/Gamer Geek. Sometimes all at the same time -- Dragon*Con anyone???

I go every year myself!
  • LexxyV
    LexxyV Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I, too am a mutt of sorts
    craft geek/ gamer geek/ does dictionary/ encyclopedia geek count? ( I love the word dynamo thingy on dictionary.com) and I would say cosplay geek to extent ( I have yet to go to my first con- was very self conscious and never wanted to go because of it :( sadness yes) and gadget geek ( I have magic the gathering on my iPad enough said lol- ;)
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    chic gamer geek :smile:
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I have a little bit of all of them in me (that sounds dirty), but I am mainly Das Übergeek and Encyclopedia Geek.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Trek/Gamer/Gadget/Internet geek, mostly. Probably have a smattering of some of the others, as I also dabble in code.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Music/Comic Book geek...
  • kitchenpenguin
    kitchenpenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Craft - foodie - SW - comedy - board/card gaming - Nerdfighter - SCA...always in the wrong fandom to geek out/nerdgasm over things with my real life friends. Honestly, I'm a nerd passing in the world of geekdom.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I am a film/music geek with a fondness for comics and a lot of learning so an encyclopedia geek too. I also love the odd game, particularly old beat-em-ups and arcade/puzzle games...so a bit of a lot i guess.
    :heart:
  • mangeroj
    Options
    I am a film-gamer-gadget-craft-Internet-scifi geek. And it's not up there, but totally should be a category: a Whovian.
  • justmattb
    justmattb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Über/Gadget/Internet geek; YIKES!
  • _Thanatos_
    Options
    Mostly Das Ueberdork,
    little Trekkie Geek,
    some Encyclopedia Geek,
    and the rest is Gamer Geek
  • uniquesarah
    uniquesarah Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    comic book scif geek
  • celestialbadger
    Options
    Gamer/wiki/internet geek.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Finally, I've found my people!!! Just joined.

I am a Cosplay/Trekkie/Gamer Geek. Sometimes all at the same time -- Dragon*Con anyone???

No to Dragon*Con but yes to the geek! And add anime/manga/harry potter/lord of the rings/crafter to that list lol Man it's hard to fit into just one...damn near impossible if you ask me.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    guess i'm a mixed gamer/internet geek
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Facebook geek. Really. I'm totally addicted, at least I WAS until I found this site.
    Oh, and I'm an Investigation Discovery geek too.